MKIV Headlight Mounts

Hello friends,

Is anyone able to tell me what the part number is for the Headlamp Mountings for the P100 Headlamps? I have them but they are the awful ‘muck metal’ version. I’m hoping that someone makes them in chromed brass.

Also, does anyone have a source for the bonnet lock grab as in this photo of friends car?

0AE058DB-C17F-4626-8A25-41D6C2B3E8C3

Cheers,

Tim

Perfect opportunity to build yourself a cope and drag, get some green sand, build a furnace, get a crucible, obtain some red brass, and cast’em up!

Not brass, but how long do you expect to live? :wink:
http://www.ashwater-classics.co.uk/catalogue.pdf
Page 13.

Peter

1 Like

Very cool!

It’s such a blessing to have concerns like that, for stuff like the mounts.

I’m 56 so I guess another 30 years! A bit more than 3 score years and ten but who knows? Thank you Peter.

Tim

1 Like

From your lips to God’s ears!

Interesting. They didn’t used to sell direct to the public.

Hi Graham,

They still don’t sell directly to the public so I’ll go through Worcester Classic Spares.

Cheers,

Tim

I wish it were so. :innocent:

1 Like

Thank you, Peter.

It’s great to know what’s available.

Tim

From memory Tim, these are very expensive - probably about 350 to 400 a pair now at a guess. I had mine re-chromed several years ago by a plater who could do diecast and they were brilliant and a lot less than new ones.

110 GBP each + post from the UK. It is what it is unfortunately.

Tim

Not surprising at all, really. The fact that you can still get new ones made by the original manufacturer after more than 70 years of redundancy, is a marvel. As far as I know, they are unique to Mark IVs only. Other makes have different models. They are a significant highly visible part of the showpiece headlamps and need to be good. I have a grungy pair with the studs cut off and will attempt to drill and tap to fit replacement studs at some time, then save up for the re-chroming.

One of my lovely friends had a reasonable base with the studs broken off like yours. In attempting to drill them out and extract them it was a complete disaster, and he’s a very experienced engineer. I guess I’m just suggesting to take great care. :smile: I think that the two metals grow into each other and don’t like to be divorced. :wink:

Take care in your Covid free city.

Tim

Thanks Tim, we are fortunate here that we have been exceptionally free of the bug - but probably only so far. This bug has a long way to go yet, with its rampage across the world. I can’t understand how people in various countries seem to see the controls imposed for their safety are just a restriction on their freedom.

I am nervous about tackling the drill and tap job on the mounts and will defer attempting until I am more confident about the technique to adopt. It may not work, but I have nothing to lose as they are spares left over after buying a new pair years ago.