MKIV Parts Catalogue

Wade,

That’s a HUGE request, thats hundreds of pages, with original catalogues J2 and J3 perfect bound, thus cannot be properly scanned without damaging the book…
But you need to understand these three books J1, J2 and J3 cover 1-1/2 litre, 2-1/2-litre and 3-1/2 litre Mark IV primarily, but retrospectively also cover 1938-1940MY SS Jaguar including SS100 only. They do not cover/mention 1937 SS100 albeit there may well be some relevance in the 1938-40MY 2-1/2 litre coverage in J2.

Can I suggest that for matters Mark IV a far better forum is the dedicated Mark IV only Facebook group**: Jaguar Mark IV Lovers**

I suggest you join up……

The Facebook Group convenor Mateuz – he’s Polish, but for simplicity sake he uses the easier name Matt

Matt is in process of producing a large folder of all the Mark IV Technical Literature, including full copies of the J2 (2-1/2 litre) and J3 (3-1/2 litre) Spare Parts Catalogues being prepared apparently to break the bindings of his perfect bound originals to allow the pages to be flat scanned – I am not prepared to damage my ‘as new’ originals, so don’t have J2 or J3 personally scanned.

But these J2 and J3 SPCs by themselves only cover up to end of 1947 built cars – their publication date, not that that is a limit for your 1937MY 2-1/2 litre interest. There are separate Amendment Lists that extend these SPCs coverage up to the last Mark IVs built in 1949. There is also a separate Supplement JS.100 that details the later Single Helical Gearbox. J2 and J3 only cover the Double Helical Gearbox as fitted to 1938-40 SS Jaguar, and 1946-47 Mark IV.

There is a 1936-1937 SS Jaguar SPC, but its a descriptive list only, with no illustrations, and not much help at all. I have this 1936-37 SPC but again an excellent original, that I am not prepared to damage to scan.
I notice there is an original copy of this 1936-37 SPC currently listed on the latest Ian Cooling Auction JAC - auction is now open.

But if you want a full copy of J2, unless someone else can help, I suggest you join the Facebook group: Jaguar Mark IV Lovers and then access the huge Folder on all Mark IV Technical Literature being prepared by Matt…

This is the Mark V water pump. It is mostly the same as the earlier models.

2 Likes

Hello Wade, I have digital files which include the following titles:

SS & Jaguar Saloons, Parts Manuals
Jaguar 2 ½ L RHD + 100 1938 – 1946
Jaguar 3 ½ L & ‘100’ RHD 1938 - 1947

The 2 1/2 shows a J.2 in the General Information section and the 3 1/2 shows a J.3 with Amendments

The Engine section Plate E shows two water pump expanded parts diagrams.

If you wish copies of these files, please send me a private message with an email address to which I may offer you a DropBox invite to access these files for your educational purposes.

Cheers,
Roger McWilliams (N.B. we have at least two Rogers providing information on this thread)

I can’t pm yet because I’m too new lol but here is my email.
linkraver27@gmail.com

Yeah, kind of simular lol but it gave me the idea I was aiming for. Thanks Rob :grinning: