MkIX brakes on an E

Does anyone know what is needed to fit the larger disc and caliper to E-type uprights and does anyone have the bits or know a source please?

dunno if its any use to you, but I inspected a MK9 having Willwood front brake parts being fitted, and the owner pointed out to me the caliper mounting bracket was machined in such a way that it would fit other Jags

I have a pair of MK9 calipers on the shelf which I could measure up for you. Let me know what dimensions you need.
The mounting lugs are spaced further apart than the standard caliper, so different uprights will be needed. I think the diameter of the disc is 12.25. The normal one was 12.00. You would also need to uprate the rears to match.

Thanks

It’s for a D-type replica with solid back axle and currently Mk2 rears. I may fit a proportioning valve so not worried about the rears yet. The MkIX twin piston calipers were fitted to long nose cars instead of the 6 pot fronts and Jag didn’t alter the rears, so they’d be correct for my car which uses lots of D parts. I can fit either S1 uprights (3.0” hole spacing) or S2 (3.5”). If I had to change to MkIX uprights and bolt-up wishbones I’m guessing the steering arms wouldn’t match the E-type rack and picture frame geometry.

So rather than trade measurements all day and find some critical thing doesn’t work, it would probably be essiest to buy a pair of old calipers and have a play. Do MkIX discs fit 60s-70s Jag bubs? I’m using peg drives but normal discs fit those. If anyone wants to sell their old hardware PM me, thanks.

Pete it is

If I remember correctly for racing Jaguar recommended taking the front piston assemblies from the Mark IX and putting them on the front of the E-type and taking the front piston assemblies from the E-type and putting them on the rear.