MKV 3.5 L Pushrod Specs

Does anyone have the specs for the pushrods for a 1949 MKV 3.5L? Mine were missing and I could not find any information in the service manual. Any help or a supplier would be greatly appreciated.

Hi William, one source for pushrods is spare engines. You might want to make up a list of parts missing from the engine as a next step. I say this because if the pushrods are missing, there may be other parts missing as well with the total adding up to finding a parts engine being best rather than seeking each element. Not all parts on a parts engine will be good, but the pushrods are likely to be good.

Suppliers I have used with success for various Mark V parts include Cordell Newby (Western Jaguar in eastern Washington state), Simon Whitworth (Worcester Classic Spares), and Alan Gibbins (spares secretary of the SS Register of the Jaguar Drivers Club).

Unfortunately my stash of pushrods were either mixed 2 & 3 1/2 or very early SS with sockets each end.
However it is easy to get them made I have had a number of sets made for when I use MGB rockers. Places that do camshafts for drag racing are set up to do it. The have crom moly tubing in about 5/16" dia, Thinner dia than the jags but a thicker wall but certainly strong enough as I’ve had them on the blown car for a long time.
They also have a variety of balls and sockets in various sizes that can be put in the ends. They ream each end of the tube to achieve a press in fit. And as they are always under a compression load, they are going anywhere
But as Roger said, you should check the other associated parts, cam followers, rockers first

Coincidentally, just yesterday I drove to Iowa to see an older gentleman who sold his Mark V years ago and was clearing out his garage of leftover Mark V parts. I came home with a trailer full, and there are some engine parts in the stash. I’ll be going through it all later this week or next.

Ok Bill, I have a set of pushrods that have a masking tape label that says they are 3-1/2 Mark V. I’ll check them over tomorrow.
I also have front and rear engine plates, flywheel, tappet blocks and tappets, an aluminum side cover, main bearing caps, water manifold (broken at the thermostat end), door window frames (non-trafficator version), and windshield frame.

Rob,

Thanks, I am going to start breaking down the engine this weekend. I just bought the pushrods from Cordell this morning. I should know better what I need, one I get it broken down.