MKV DHC identity?

Hi,

Is this car on e-bay: item number 222454294992

647395? (it could be)

http://www.saloondata.com/cars/detail/?car=647395

or another DHC with possibly engine number as vin?
in which case it could have been Z395X ???

But I think based on the early style NDV’s it is probably #647395.

It is the same original colour combination as mine was (and will be in the future)

Birch Grey with a Pale Blue interior, and likely a French Grey hood (hard to say about the hood colour) anybody know more about this one? (or #647395)

Cheers,

Pekka T. - 647194
Fin.

Here is the dealer’s listing for it.

He used his own internal stock number as the VIN for the ebay listing, not much good to anybody.
I have sent a request for the chassis number, so we’ll see if the seller responds.
The car has the side vent doors which puts it at 647186 or later.
It has the pointy no-draft ventilator windows, which puts it at 647398 or earlier.
There are a few other clues (windscreen ashtray, inside heater) but these two narrow it down the best.

A sad looking example that has been at this price for a few months.

I also notice the very narrow wide mail slot rear window, one of several I found when searching for window information for the JCNA judging guide, and tentatively identified as being the same as used on Mark IV.
That may or may not suggest a lower rather than higher chassis number?

On saloon data and the Jaguar Mark V Register page 647395 is indicated as suede green in and out. This may not represent two independent databases since one may have come from the other. The present car appears grey outside, there is a red showing on an interior piece detached from the car. The exterior grey is a common color for Mark V factory choice, seems likely original paint.

I always think about what parts would need to be replaced to put the car in the condition I like (daily driver, kid’s bikes scratched the paint, no concourse). The inventory needed for my use would be simple, Part No. BD.3574 with all associated assemblies correctly attached.

Ha, ha, ha! BD.3574 is the LHD DHC body shell.
My guess is it was probably Gunmetal.
http://www.jag-lovers.org/snaps/snap_view.php3?id=1140152785
It occurred to me that since most of the lower body is gone, this would be a candidate for experimenting with the idea of what would have happened if one of the French coachbuilders like Henry Chapron or Saoutchik or Letournear & Marchand had got hold of a Mark V. I wonder what would they have turned out? Something low and swoopy perhaps.

Beverly Hills responded that the chassis number is 647224.
Body DH1389
Engine Z2506
Gearbox SH8681

Hi,

Great, pls add to saloondata.com with photos.

I am 99% sure the original colours are just like my car, #647194 was:

Birch Grey with a Pale Blue interior, the hood (top) is impossible to say, but French Grey was very common on Birch Grey cars.

Of course a JHT certificate would be best.

Yes, I agree, that car needs a new body, new hood, new interior and quite a few hard to find parts.

Cheers,

Pekka T.
Fin.