MKV Drophead on eBay

I found this discussion on the Saloons section of this forum.

Might be of interest or simply irritating? It’s a huge amount of money!

Cheers,
Tim

Front suspension is too low, a common mistake with the XK series as well, but the torsion bars can be easily adjusted if the car is raised up so the weight is taken off the wheels.
Hood envelope is too tall.
Color doesn’t seem to be one of the standard colors. Would you call that Birch Grey? I think it is too light a shade.
Boot floor and sides should be black.
Air cleaner and engine should be black.
I don’t quite see the idea of plating the driveshaft support and all those small parts underneath.
On the other hand they did get a lot of things right, like the landau bars are on the correct way, hubcaps painted right.

Or the doors on the heater, the battery retainer, the boot hinges, the radiator retaining bars…?

“If if don’t go, chrome it!”

It didnt, and they did…:crazy_face:

Its a shame really - looks like a lot of time and effort, and a high quality restoration - but clearly a lack of knowledge and/or interest in authentic detail. Just as easy to repaint a car in a correct colour as in an incorrect colour - if you have the knowledge or care. Same comment re everything else.

But I have to say, in the scheme of restored Mark V tool kits I have seen, this one is far better than most, other than comment about lazy matching of green lining of Lid.

Still lots of room to improve tool kit which for want of an indication, as pictured looks about 60% when you consider items missing, existing items wrong, or existing items not refinished authentically.