MkV Salisbuy axle wire wheels

As I wrote - the hub has female serrations on the back that match / cover / engage the male teeth around the adapter flange. The spinner holds the teeth in engagement.

Yeh I just failed to expand on my statement :frowning:

Precisely! :wink:

[+ 20 characters]

Hi Bo,

I found a photo of a BRG MKV which looks very smart, especially with matching hubcaps and a bit of whitewall!

1 Like

Hi,

Well it’s green alright, but not exactly like 1952 BRG would have been. :wink:

And no MKV’s made in 1952, nor ever originally painted any shade of BRG.

Suede Green and Pastel Green ((Metallic) were available and both were quite popular.

Could be a bit surprising if you choose “British Racing Green” from 1977-1985 as it is a very bright flaky metallic paint! :stuck_out_tongue:

The late 70’s and up to 1986 paint people call BRG was actually called “Jaguar Heritage Green” paint code “HER”.

Cheers!

1 Like

That’s OK: I’m sitting in–and sweating quietly–in 39C!

:hot_face:

I normally hate green on cars: that looks really good!

Hallo everyone
I thought they should always be repainted in their original color. Mine was black, which would be true even after the color certificate. I would also prefer to choose a different color, but then the color certificate is no longer correct, which is apparently very frowned upon by connoisseurs and should reduce the value.
Gerhard

1 Like

It’s hard to guess where the real world market is going with these cars.
So many of them are restored in two-tone, which was never a factory offering and I don’t particularly like.
I once saw a Mark V in refrigerator white, I could hardly look at it, yuk!

I’m restoring my Mark V in the original Gunmetal with red interior.
If you don’t like Black, you could choose another of the original colors. I don’t think many people would frown on that.
Here is an original color wheel with the Mark V color choices.
http://www.jag-lovers.org/snaps/snap_view.php3?id=1140152785

My '38 SS saloon was originally Ivory, which I also don’t like at all, so I plan to restore it in another color that was offered in the period, Mountain Ash Green.

:thinking: :innocent:

2 Likes

Yes, I think that must be the single red and white saloon that went to Ritchies of Glasgow, mentioned by Allan Crouch in his book, unless it is one of the two unknowns that went unrecorded in the factory record books.
Red and white makes me think of Coca-Cola.
I guess I’m bothered by the British critics who say two-tone is “too flash, too American”. :smiley:
Speaking of flash. :laughing:

1 Like

Easy solution: sod’em!

:grimacing:

Biting the hand that feeds Wiggs? :joy:

I think that it’s an awful colour scheme too. It reminds me of strawberries & clotted cream. However ‘Black & Cream’ was used on Queen Victoria’s carriage, so quite British, therefore not ‘flash’ at all! :nerd_face: Isn’t that right, Peter Scott? :wink:

The trumpets on the DHC in the photo are a wonderfully understated addition! I think I’ll fit some. :rofl:

No: biting the critics’ hands!

I dont think the “British” view is that two-tone is “too flash, too American” - not like the ongoing White-Wall tyre commentary…
Indeed if you check out all the many Swallow bodied Austins/Standards etc you will find a good selection of Swallow factory original two-tone paint schemes, or more period, reintroduced for Mark VIII/IX, as per this following photo…

Jaguar Indigo over cotswold blue Mk 9

The issue is good or bad taste - and red and white falls in the latter…
Maybe that’s why Jaguar re-introduced tasteful two-tone offerings, after not being offered immediately post-war, thus the poor-taste ‘special orders’

Roger

Here’s a MKIV which lives in Australia!

1 Like

Ha, ha. So is that “too flash, too Australian”? :grin:

2 Likes

Cant be American - its cream and not white, so not quite as harsh a contrast, but the killer is no whitewall tyres :slight_smile: and painted, not chrome wheels…

Good-lookin’ vessel!