MKV Water Pump maintenance

Dear All
Help please.
Could anyone please advise if new impellers or carbon seals are available for the MKV 3.5 litre water pump.
Also, is it correct that the impeller is not attached to the shaft, merely “dogged” to the seal collar which itself is pinned to the shaft, allowing the impeller to “float”.
Thank you
Regards
David

I think your best bet would be Alan Gibbins the SS Register Spares Secretary.

Peter
Thank you.
I will send Alan a message.
Regards
David

I got the carbon seal from Wally Vorlaufer in South Africa.
I remember I had to file down the outside diameter a little bit, very carefully as I was afraid of breaking the thing. Then press in gently as there is no way of getting it out if you get stuck.
Mark V water pump 007

The impeller is just dogged, not pinned.
Mark V water pump 006
The dogger is pinned.

Rob
Thank you for the information and photo’s - very much appreciated.
I will send a message to Wally also.
Best Regards
David

" J. K. Vorlaufer and sons (pty Ltd) t/a

Vorlaufer Cars is in voluntary liquidation and is no longer trading.

A liquidator has not yet been appointed. Details will be provided when received. Sorry for any inconvenience caused."

Peter
Thank you for the “heads-up”, I will wait for Alan Gibbins to reply to my message.
Regards
David

Dear all.
Just an update.
Kit arrived from Alan, all looks good with instructions provided.
I will update again when the repair complete.
Regards
David

1 Like

Dear All.
Further update - on stripping the water pump, all is revealed, different impellor and seal arrangement than expected.
I have tried to research the later pumps for early MK7 and XK120, (to see if they are what I have)
without much success.
Body stamping (on the suction branch) are 1176 with 2 underneath, 8767, on the by-pass port branch 522.
I have attached some photo’s, any assistance on identifying what I have would be appreciated.
Regards
David