[modern] Valet switch

Having only had a 1989 model, I’d not heard of the valet switch.
Sadly, what the switch does to the Jag sounds a bit less interesting than the valet keyswitch fitted to the Corvette ZR1.

From memory, that switch turns it from a 245bhp car to a 385bhp monster…“only” 245bhp being considered OK for the valet… (correction, anyone?)

Regards,

Adrian

Cool innit? The engine was still 350cid, but re-designed by Lotus and built by Mercury Marine. When you flicked the valet switch it changed the memory mapping, and activated another 8 inlet valves and injectors. By 1993 it had 405bhp, 0-60mph in 4.7 and topped out at 181mph. Standing quarter of 13.6sec. US$31,000.

I reckon I could be persuaded to swap Shabby the Honda for one of those…!

Regards,

Adrian

Peter Young jaguar@home.com 30-May-00 7:15:21 >>>
Adrian,
Where do you buy those switches?? I want to put one in my XJS!!

Peter,
CA

Adrian Lane wrote:>

Sadly, what the switch does to the Jag sounds a bit less interesting than the valet keyswitch fitted to the Corvette ZR1.

From memory, that switch turns it from a 245bhp car to a 385bhp monster…“only” 245bhp being considered OK for the valet… (correction, anyone?)

Regards,

Adrian

Adrian,
Where do you buy those switches?? I want to put one in my XJS!!

Peter,
CA

Adrian Lane wrote:>

Regards,

Adrian