Modified Jaguar IRS setup

You might be right.
It was sold to me from our local Jaguar dealership as an XJS about 1996 from memory.
Who knows these days everybody has an opinion and this stuff does look so similar.
That is why I was specific about the truss support, the width the style of the lower arms…
Any additional info is always worth knowing, we are all learning.

Just going on personal experience from when I blew the diff in my XJR.

Robin, you could well be right. they all look similar.
Right now I have a traclok centre I’m told from a XJ40.
Who knows but it is definitely a LSD style centre and I have XJ6 arms, so I figured if I can make something out of my left overs it could be a fun journey…
I am always open to sharing knowledge and would hate to deter folks from offering up what could be the missing link in some discussions.
Merry Christmas,
Russ.

Sadly, no progress, although I’m led to believe the guy that I was chasing does know I’m interested in his setup…

Well, it turns out things were not as I first thought, so with the arrival of extra pictures it turns out the center is actually the XJ6 style and not the XJ40, which I have and was hoping to employ in a pickup project…

Still Dick has done nice work and it is always interesting to see how different folks approach their version of a solution to a Jag IRS install.

At least it is here on the Forum now so may serve as a reference to other in the future.
Thanks for your interest and patience.

Russ.

(upload://7dX4Y3f9J2c5gZq1TWwVwIRWwHu.jpeg)

Well, it turns out things were not as I first thought, so with the arrival of extra pictures it turns out the center is actually the XJ6 style and not the XJ40, which I have and was hoping to employ in a pickup project… Still Dick has done nice work and it is always interesting to see how different …

And this one.

My thoughts now are;
This as XJ40 outboard brakes added to it which I’m familiar with, as it is a very simple swap.
However, generally when this is done a disc barke spacer (approx 3/8" thick) is added in place of the in board disc that was removed.
I note in this case there is a very slim spacer but not 3/8", possible that was all required with the axles being used…

The coil spring angle looks a little steeper that used on a Jag car, hence a firmer ride, but probably OK for use in a Pickup.

I’m not a fan of the trailing arms used, although they do present as geometrically correct…

I found this rearend setup that may appeal to some casual observers out there.
It uses air bags instead of coils.

278935717_10159835660409596_2144039223534512709_n|690x326

1 Like

Mmmmm lovely copper cross over pipes :face_vomiting:

1 Like