More Valve Lift

Wow! That exhaust is a work of art!

tobmaj is this your twin turbo V12 car? More photos please.

Very well done exhaust “tobmag” , but I believe it will hit the road on full bump having had previous experience with many E Types that had the pipes run under the cage that were only about 1" in depth.
Like the way the trailing arms are done though, good design.

1 Like

Can you give us a few words on the handling of the car with those trailing arms as opposed to the OEM trailing arms?

1 Like

I would bet it made the car a little less tail happy due to better geometry. or I’m completely wrong :smile:

There re no turbos in this car yet, that engine will be built during this Winter.
Today fitted with a 6.0L and a 4l80E tranny. Engine controled by a MS3 and a GPIO as transmission Control, connected togeather over CAN bus.

So far no issues with the exhaust hitting ground but havent been driving the car that much yet.

Cant really tell any difference with the trailing arm set up as I never drow the car with its original set-up… handling is better compared to my XJ12 but as springs and shocks are different its difficlut to tell… found the design at https://www.lvvta.org.nz/

Now we are way out of topic :sunglasses:

1 Like

recent tests say that a 3MM(1/8")oversize inlet is a close to breathing CFM of .050 thou. more valve lift!
ron

Yeah, but 3mm larger valve is a lot, while 0.050" more valve lift isn’t all that much.

Also, the valve lift is a diminishing returns thing. On our V12’s where they open a mere 0.375", adding another 0.050" of lift would be very helpful. On an engine that’s already opening 0.600", it might not help much at all, the restriction to flow is in the port rather than at the valve.

.050 is a lot for a .375 lift % wise, compared to a .600 lift by percent!

and the cost of 600 lift on a Jag V12 , would be astronomical!

actually it would be cost effective to just put the biggest valve that can be done, and open the chamber as much is possible, compression handled by the piston shape!

but lets face facts , the V12 is just not a lend itself to performance modifications at reasonable costs!
ron

On any engine with rockers, you can increase valve lift by simply replacing the rockers with ones that have a greater lift ratio. To increase lift on the Jaguar V12 you’d need to regrind or replace the cams and fiddle with the tappets and shims to match.

you gotta be kiddin Kirb, you just dont fiddle with cam followers and shims with a CAB valve train setup!

you would need precision machining of the followers blocks and spacer plates made up, and possibly new cast piece blocks and (tappets) for a 600 lift would have to be custom MADE and hardened chilled iron, very expensive! 24 pieces! SHEESH! maybe $100. each!

all new longer valves custom made ,read ,EXPENSIVE? 24 of those things, i dont think you realize the costs of these type modifications!
i can go on but ?
ron

That’s why I don’t care for the direct cam-to-tappet valve train setup. I much prefer Honda’s scheme, OHC with rockers – and 3 or more valves per cylinder.

KIRBY, nice change of topic?