Moss = XKS...?..........15

I know the takeover is in the works. I ordered a Parts Manual from XKS yesterday. This morning I received an email from Moss with a tracking number.

The odd thing is… the manual I ordered isn’t on Moss’s website.

Does anyone know if the two will completely merge?

You’re a year behind at a guess?

I just ordered a Thor copper hammer from XK’s. catalogue price $38.99, however the web price was 54.99. A $16 dollar differance.They did not honor the catalogue price. I had the most recent Fall winter catalogue.
How many other catalogue prices will they not honor.?

Probably most of them.

the current catalog…that XKs ships free on request is a MOSS and XKs catalog, No 17, with the XK production line on the cover…similar for E Type…has both company names/logo. I suppose I’d call em…to check on price/availability on any order. Used to be a JCNA discount. ?? Moss has the copyright, XKs is on the order from…“powered by Moss” I do not know about the affiliation with Jason Len’s shop now.
Nick

Moss/ XK have responded after my e mail, and notified me that ALL prices in the catalogue are ‘subject to change’ and this is identified on the inside cover of the back page under #2 Price.
Why have prices shown then.?

I dunno. I have a 20 pager “Fall Sale” with a silver E-Type on the cover. Brake kit #26-0015 is shown at $1,269.00 in print on page 11. It’s $949.99 on-line!

I’d be royally pissed if I called the order in and was charged $1,269.00.

1 Like

In print Moss says 2017, not a surprise. My question was, when are they going to properly merge? As in, share catalog items at the same prices/cross over part numbers, save money by printing a common catalog, etc.

The Jag 120 brake cylinders are shown on Moss’s site as being unavailable, yet XKs has them. It would be in their interest to offer these on Moss’s site to keep me from going to Terry’s or Barrett for parts Moss doesn’t want to sell.

All in all, this is why my Jaguar business–meager as it was, during Tweety’s resto–went to SNG. Before I was aware of SNG (early 2000s) I got some stuff from Engel Imports, and they were pretty competitive.

The service I got from Tony Lee was, literally, incomparable to anyone else’s, and their prices entirely reasonable.

Were I to do another Jag, there’d be no question who’d get my business.

I believe they bought Bill Terry’s Jaguar parts business after his son died. I think Bill is still building engines.

1 Like

Strongly suggest you pick up the phone and confirm what price you will be charged.

.a catalog with prices is a nice guide, and easy to quickly look parts up… I happen to like print…I am surprised tho they even print one…with all the complaints they will likely stop: With a catalog of course in a year supplier prices can change. They should tho keep on line up to date as much as possible, …but…should they pay some one full time just to update every day?..The cost of that would be paid by us…I usually fill out my on web order…ready…but don’t click purchase…then call to go over it…then click BUY. We need our vendors. Stocking all those parts for a rather small audience of buyers is not a biz I’d choose to be in.
Nick

Well this probably explains why the old big green XKS catalogs had no pricing.
Before Jason sold to Moss I stopped by one day with his catalog from 1979 I had in my file of junk my dad had saved. I jokingly asked if he would honor a few prices as things were ridiculously cheap from way back when. we both had a good laugh at the prices and his picture in the old catalog. but he said NO to giving me a deal.

I miss the big book from XKS, but then the SNG version is actually better, and even with the convenience of the new Moss version, I ALWAYS confirm the price online first.

Like Nick says. I am just glad there are a few places left offering parts for what cant be a huge market.

Bob F

I have an old catalog from Classic Automobiles, Costa Mesa CA, Ray Sanchez…had a shop and parts in the 60s. Those old Prices .make me cry when I shop now.
Nick

I search everything online for parts. Google is your friend. Catalogs are simply nostalgic to me, reminds me of reading the Sears catalog as a kid.

My most recent order from Moss was a side damper mount, normally sold for XK120 but also used on my '38 SS saloon.
The new side damper mount from Moss had both the Moss 011-146 and XKs Unlimited C4794 part numbers on the bag; a sign I suppose that Moss is gradually taking over XKs parts business, not a bad thing as I have always been happy with both sources. XKs uses the Jaguar part numbers with adding a letter O, but Moss has always used their own numbering system, so I suppose it takes awhile to get them reconciled.

have ya’all looked at Limora.com
for parts…they manufacture some of their own interesting parts…including an electric switch for the start carb solenoid, radiators, seat slides, and do have other std parts…
Nick

Wow. Nicely laid out and very responsive. This is the way all of our vendors should do it.

I want to send this to the boys at Terry’s.

Nick,

You don’t have to go all the way to Germany for these parts as SC Parts of Crawley in the UK has the identical catalogue with the same parts. Still don’t know who owns what but I see German names in the board of SC Parts. Limora is very active in Germany with 7 offices throughout the country but also sales offices in the neighboring countries.

Bob K.