Most annoying limitation

Please remove the limitation for “new users” to send only a couple of posts a day. I have been a user for close to (or is it more than…) 20 years, and not being able to discuss an issue on the same day is, well, kind of inconvenient!

Kindly,
Bard

Bard,

Are you getting some kind of error or bounce message? I’ve had a look at the incoming and outgoing mail logs and you’re nowhere near the 100/day.

If you are getting an error mail back from the server, then please forward a copy to helpme@jag-lovers.com so I can have a look at what is going wrong.

Andrew

Actually I got a message after my third post saying something along the lines of: “You have exceeded the number of post allowed to post for new users.”

I haven’t tried it again lately, so maybe I’m now considered not so new a user…

Bard

Ah… now I understand. I thought you were talking about the email limits.

New users are throttled by the system at the very beginning. This is to stop a spammer creating an account and going on a rampage. (we three moderators aren’t monitoring the site 24/7). You’re already past the “new” stage where your activity is severely limited.

Yeah, I had a suspicion that would be the case… Cheers for that!

Bard

Who are the moderators and what happened to the admins? Not anglng for work at all, and I suppose the mods are Nick, Gunnar and you, but it would have been nice to know I was off the team?

Don’know, Pete. That sounds suspiciously like a volunteer offer to me. When I was in the Army, I quickly learned when we were lined up and a call was made for volunteers, the wise always cast their eyes downward as they shuffled their feet and developed a case of deafness. I’ve perfected the technique over the years.:wink:

1 Like

No wonder you ended up with so many extra assignments Mark!

In the UK the drill is that when asked to volunteer by taking a step forward, the street-savvy group takes one synchronized step backwards, leaving the ‘deaf’ ones looking down at their feet and shuffling, wondering why they were always peeling potatoes or sweeping the parade ground.

Try it on Scott sometime!

1 Like