Most expensive MK2?

Not even a Coombs :thinking:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaguar-Mark-II-3-8-5-Speed-Manual/223206123531

are non original cars really selling for these numbers in uk?

It’s not the normal price , very good one’s £20-30 k

about the same here - west coast of north america. it would be possible to overspend on a professional restoration and run the bill up to 100k.

The seats are nice. I know several folks have swapped XJ40 or others in, but those look good.
Rob

Someone added an extra zero in that price. They should have a video and a lot more pictures from underneath and the engine and the chauffeur that comes with it!

Gerard

another one of the cars ‘restored’ by a UK rip off artist. Guy made a fortune from the trade… until he got sued by a few former clients. Guess the poor bastard is just attempting to get some of his $$ back.

Lovely looking car but no way that is the price - probably the price Derek Hood (of JD Classics) said it would be worth if the owner paid the loony bill.

1 Like

Interesting that there are no engine compartment photos…

Engine shots are on their website. Just search for Slade’s Garage. At that price would at minimum expect perfect exhaust manifolds. They’re not. Interested to see where this settles.

its a strangely high price.

100K GPB is $A200k

so they either started with a good body, or a cheaper one with rust.

in any case I cant see body & paint run to more than $30k on an acceptable body

all new interior & rubber less than 10k

re-veneer wood $4k

rebuild motor $10k

trans $4k

front & rear 10k

brakes $3k

equal $70k Oz + purchase price + sundries = ~$A100k

and i have included all labor to do the jobs

forgot to add all new electrics, wouldnt be more than 5k

Ah…nice enough looking car, but LOTSA details are not all that good.

I did see a 240 a few years back on e-bay , add said restoration cost £65k asking price was £35k.
I did say not even a Coomb’s , I wonder how close this is to £100k :thinking:

that is a beauty siting nicely on the road. does anyone have experience with those p6000 tyres on mk2? 205/70 on 6 inch rims?
however much they want it will probably fetch?

Unlike this Coombs that is up for sale , it just don’t look right at the back , need’s a few bags of cement in the boot :grin:

I do have 205/70 on 6 inch rims , not p6000 tyres thou , I would take just 30k for mine , and the wife comes free :sunglasses:

20160801_123915%20(2)%20-%20Copy

30 k is too much for wheels and tyres. already have 6 inch steel wheels on mine with 205/70 goodrich t/a- still sticks but too old. might be ready for new understanding wife. change is as good as a rest we say.

Someone has a dream.

For that amount, you’d think there would be a picture of the engine and a few more of the undercarriage?

Good Luck