My 120 coupe stinks of exhaust fumes inside

This is very unpleasant, at slower speeds I keep several windows open, and it’s ok, but at higher speeds it’s terrible. I have tried various open window combinations, but nothing works.
The exhaust system doesnt leak anywhere.
I need to check where the flex tube for the crank case vent, terminates. It is perhaps more that smell than normal exhaust fumes.
But why is the bad smell entering the cabin?
Upgrade Clayton heater on or off, makes no difference. I can feel cold air (it’s a cold day in Stockholm today), entering where the hand brake lever aperture on the floor, adjacent to the prop shaft tunnel.
And the rear door edge against the B-pillar lets in lots of cold air. Will add another layer of thin rubber, perhaps more against the bottom of the door.

1 Like

Mine was the same, coming in around the pedals. I found a piece of tube that fit in my crank case vent hose and extended it back along the chassis a few feet.

Thanks for tge advice. I had no suitabke hose at home, so I redirected the flex hose, to meke it exit much further from pedals and bulkhead.
After a 30 min drive with closed windows it appears to have cured the problem, to 80-90%
Opening the small vent window(s), or the door window was also ok, but probably best with all windows closed. I will continue to test on the next drive, later this week.
I am also adding to the door against body insulation, to eliminate the bad draught. Annoying at colder trmperatures. Particilarly noticeable at the bottom rear corner of the doors

Forgot the picture