My 1957 MK VIII Restoration

Is this it? This came to me with a lot of Mark V parts with some Mark VII/VIII/IX parts mixed in.

If not, can anyone identify it?
The only markings are HH and OIL LEVEL.

No, please see below.

TFB

Nice to see another MK-VIII! I sold mine to a fellow who had it returned to the colour when it was in Hitchcock’s Vertigo where Kim Novak drove it. the new owner died and the body shop took possession for billings. He knowing NOTHING ABOUT JAGS, classics etc so RIPPED THE original leather and wilton out along with the engine and transmission and dropped a chevy in and It has sat for at least a year since he has no idea how to hook things up. At this point he might be willing to swop it for an old American lump or sell it, his number is: 18054892461 and He’s in Oceano, Ca. The car is listed in the international Mark VII, VIIM, VIII and IX register: 780721 BW

Michael,
Thank you for that info. My 1957 MK VIII is 780705BW, very close to the one you mentioned, 780721BW.
With my last name being Novak (but no relation to Kim Novak), I thought long and hard about having my MKVIII painted the same color green as the car in Vertigo. But when the car was in the paint shop and I needed to make a decision I went with a two tone of Pearl Grey and Old English White just like list member Tom Brady’s car. I have never regreted that decision and I am always in awe when I go out into my garage to work on it.
I need to focus on our four remaining Jaguars (we used to have six plus three parts cars) and adding another one right now wouldn’t make any sense. But thank you for the suggestion, I was tempted. :wink:

Paul

I don’t recall if I mentioned that My (X) Mk-VIII was torn apart by the first generation immigrant from a 3rd world countries’ paint shop who has no understanding about Jags so is still sitting in a shed at his shop! I needs reassembly and now reupholstry, I’ve got it’s engine and transmission.

@ROARRR , Michael, having just seen (again) the classic Hitchcock “Vertigo” movie I decided to find out if the Mk VIII still existed… leading me here. Your tale of the cars recent history was interesting ( and a little sad). Cars in recent movies are much more likely to be pampered forever!
Has the car’s status changed since your last post?