My car '87 does not start

it arrives this friday for 250€!!

That is indeed the inertia switch.

This indicates a blown or missing fuse in the left A pillar fuse panel (circuit 1 would be the right side fuse panel and circuit 3 is the fuse panel in the center console beneath the arm rest). Check the fuses in that left side fuse panel. In case the label inside the cover is missing here is a picture:

It is not unlikely fuses for the left headlamp or turn or marker lights could have blown due to the accident damage.

Tomorrow it’s the big day…:pleading_face:

Max, did you check to see if any revs were showing on the tachometer (rev counter) whilst cranking the engine?

Mike the battery Yesterday was down…this morning I will do this check but to be sure I bought the that 2 parts, module and CPS…but if it’s not the solution I can’t imagine what it is the problem! 3 mechanic told the fuel is not the problem, than it’s electric. but the spark is there because the mechanic has put thinner in the new spark plugs and you can hear the explosion…and than?

Max as said by many before: CPS. Try the cranking method. No signal on the tacho hints at a shot CPS (In my XJ40 ownership I changed 3 in 300.000Km, oil seeping from the front right corner of the head possibly damaged it. Not that expensive, not that a big deal.

…now all works! But I’m ashamed to explain the various problems … neither the module nor the cps saved me! In practice, the car had a strange slope on the bridge and the petrol did not arrive correctly to the injectors which did not work correctly, then there was an electrical dispersion on the coil, the car after a thousand attempts to start it was completely flooded, the battery was no longer sufficient and 2 were mounted in cascade and imagine that he lit with the old candles he had! In practice, it took a patient electrician who checked all the electrical parts and now, as before, it lights up on the first try. I spent 413€ for cps and injection module… which I will now have fitted anyway. the lord be praised.

3 Likes