My car's Heritage Certificate arrived

Oh, I fully agree!

My brotherly advice against betting was in reference to your musing that rust in the fuel caused catastrophic engine damage that thus became the primary reason that so many Jaguars were lumped. On that point I’ll stand behind my “don’t bet on it” advice :slight_smile:

Cheers
DD

I like my car and I’m having fun fixing it up. Rusty tanks or any of the known problems of this model are not its biggest issue: namely that it has a dwindling following. There seems to be only four or five active posters in this forum, who collectively have a wealth of knowledge. So I hope we can all enjoy our cars as much as possible.

Meanwhile, I would be interested in hearing if anyone else getting a Heritage Certificate finds any surprises about their car.

The rate of attrition hit Series I-II cars the hardest, years ago. The last few years it seems like the Series III cars are suffering as well…if forum activity is an indicator. Until 8-10 years ago this section was the happenin’ place on J-L. Many Series III cars were still in regular use; lots of discussion ensued.

Cheers
DD