My old 1980 GSX 750

It’s a 1980 GSX750 which I bought in early1981 with very low mileage on it. I’ve had it nearly 40 years and in the early days it was my daily ride to work. For a long time now it is purely a leisure bike and goes out on fine days only. Around 14 years ago I did a refurbishment and had it repainted, a new seat cover, some of the chrome redone and some minor engine

2 Likes

Sigh: 1980 still sounds like a new bike, to me…:worried:

1 Like

I had an almost identical bike I bought from a guy in Luton. It was the big brother GSX1100. Seeing your photos brings tears to my eyes. I moved to California in ‘87 and shipped the bike over. In May ‘88 on my way to work a pickup truck ran a stop sign in front of me. I totaled the bike and ended up in the ICU. I purchased the salvage from the insurance company and found a rolling chassis left over from a drag bike project. I cut the engine out of the original frame and installed it in the rolling chassis which was a 1982 model with round headlight. I much preferred the 1980 square headlight style. I never really loved the reborn bike and sold it not long after the restoration. Lots of regrets but enjoyed feasting my eyes on your 750. Congrats on preserving such a nice example.

1 Like