My RealGauge Installation Experience

Having purchased an unusually fine '04 XK8 in March and not that knowledgeable with the “interesting” aspect of the breed I joined the forum and began to read every thing I could about my new joy and what can go wrong with one. Most of the items of concern I read about appeared to have been addressed by the past 2 POs, including green shower, water pump, thermostat, hoses, etc and a 60k service at the a TN Jaguar dealer(PO sent me detailed service records) 2 months before my obtaining the car.
My continuing research on the forum kept mentioning an add-on called a RealGauge. Again the engineer in me resulted in studying anything I could about the RG. I contacted TheJagWrangler.com and a few days later my RG arrived. My good friend & I commenced the installation. Cut to the chase-we are a couple of 70’s+ retired guys with less than keen eyesight or surgeon’s hands. The instructions are spot on, understandable, clear and detailed. We encountered a couple on hiccups where we didn’t follow the instructions but a call to WhiteXKR set us straight. My '04 did not require calibration and the two step tests sailed through.
If you have an XK8 and have not yet installed a RG, I can’t urge you strongly enough-order one, and btw, follow the instructions and you won’t have difficulties.
Thank you TheJagWrangler.com for your courtesy, helpfulness and quality. GET ONE NOW!

Illustrated article in the current Jaguar Journal

Pete Crespin
Editor, Jaguar Journal

Not sure what your response meant.

Do you have a picture of your set up? I would be interested in seeing. Glad it’s working out nice!

I did not take photos but the installation instructions for the RealGauge (JagWrangler.com) have step by step photos that would be duplicates of any I would have taken. Even I was able to install it. The RG is not an additional gauge. It consists of a small computer inside the dash panel that intercepts the info the water temp sends and displays it as real temperatures on the dash gauge. Jaguar didn’t think we are mature or intelligent enough to see the real temps because they vary by use, ambient temp, etc.

I understand now. That does sound like a must then especially if I’m just essentially reading faux guage readings.

Actually the Jaguar Journal article was on the Navigation to 3-Gauge conversion also from www.thejagwrangler.com. RealGauge is a different product.

1 Like