My Son's XK120 Barn Find

My son, my little boy, will be 36 in a couple of weeks. I find that difficult to believe since it seems like only yesterday he was just a little boy. The XK120 will be titled to him in California, but when the car is restored, it will be registered in Nevada. The California DMV is easy to work with compared to the Nevada DMV in Carson City.

Where is Ron Smith located? We havenā€™t opened the bonnet yet or looked at the wiring, but I suspect the wiring looks as bad as the exterior of the car. One thing I noticed is that the car has one 12 volt battery instead of the correct two 6 volt batteries. Iā€™m thankful for digital photography. We can take many more pictures to document the restoration instead of using a film camera. There is not much we will do right now. The car is parked in my garage, and there is not much room to work on the car. When the car barn is finished, we will move the car to the barn and have much more room to work. If it is practical, Ron Smith can come here and document whatever he would like. Iā€™m in Nevada, just a few miles South of Carson City. I wonder if this is the same Ron Smith with whom I went to high school?

I hope you post them all ! I am going to enjoy following the progress.

Good question!. - Iā€™m just referring to fellow forum member who started the topic belowā€¦ (hey look, I did a link to another post - good on me!)

Thanks for the offer, as I would love to see your car, but Iā€™m in WA state, and Iā€™m not the one you went to school with.
Best of luck.

I used to live in Carson City, 2004/2005. Nice area then. Worked at a test center near Silver Springs.

I am sure there has been many changes in Carson City since 2005. Iā€™m actually about halfway between Minden and Carson City. Close to the stores and restaurants in Carson City, yet still in a semi-rural area, and less than 20 miles from South Lake Tahoe. Very light traffic, even during ā€œrush hourā€. Almost non-existent crime rate. Sometimes I see wild horses nearby. Sometimes I see buffalo grazing near the Carson River. Refreshing change from San Jose, California.

Yes, 12 years is a long timeā€¦ Doesnā€™t seem like so long ago.
I enjoyed my time there, would love to come back some time. Tahoe is unmatched!