My turn to install FHC windshield chrome trim

… said the optimist, as he jumped off the high floor…:grimacing:

They go underneath where the rubber seal fits on the leg that goes up the backside of the a pillar. Were there any holes in your parts in that location?

There were no holes in it at all - there’s a picture of it in my earlier post.

I guess it came out OK; the other side will be a little more challenging.

That is true for the open cars, but I think not for the larger trim on the FHC because adhesive is used on both ends.

1 Like

With some soapy water and a plastic tool you should be able to gently pry the rubber flap out and over the side of the chrome. If the flap doesn’t quite reach in an area, you can shove some thin rubber between the seal and the glass to nudge it out a bit. If you shove it below the edge of the seal then the rubber shim disappears and the seal edge flattens out against the glass again.

I did the other side today. I used a lot more glue on this side, because the ends of the other side kept wanting to pop up. On one hand, I think it’s helping hold things down, but on the other hand, it made a hell of a mess. I need to exercise some discipline and leave it clamped for 24 hours or so.

My side trims are on, sort of, and i dread the day i have to do some thing with them. To me they look to be about a 1/2" too tall.

Other than some minor cleanup, I’m done. On the driver’s side, the rubber pulled away from the trim a bit, but I was sort of expecting that. One detail that wasn’t doing me any favors is that the windshield and seal were glued in and there’s not an easy way to adjust the curve in the corners without major surgery. My advice would be to not glue the seal to the body until you’ve at least test fit the side finishers. The locking strip also comes into play here, and that should also be installed after a test fit of the finishers.

2 Likes