~Name that part, enter~“Train”~ment~

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: Yes!

See?

He kinda rocks that dress!

:kissing_heart:

I mean, not gonna lie. Got a gun show going on, however is pectoralis muscles do not seem generous enough to keep the strapless in place. Double-sided body tape may be in order.

1 Like

@JamesLove , I think Candy may be suggesting a medical procedure to, ahem,help hold up the GF’s strapless dress.

And if you think that’s an extreme example of James’ individuality, well, then there’s this:

1 Like

More fun parts to ID.

The four shiny cylindrical object n the upper right are spacers for the seat belt mounting points. The black clip in the lower right is one of the many similar brackets that go on the engine frames and hold on the aluminum pans that go on either side of the engine.

1 Like

Perfect. Seatbelts are not in yet, need those.

Upper left corner - banjo fitting for one of the brake master cylinder ports. Brass fitting near center of upper 1/3, below the large black cylindrical item - another master cylinder fitting I believe. 2nd to last item on the right, middle row, next to the cad plated 3/4 bolt and above the black rectangular shield bracket - yet another master brake cylinder fitting (you can see the hole where the fluid flows into the banjo.)

Since practically every new master cylinder comes with all of those, they could be just redundant parts if one of those are fitted.

On the last row, 2nd item from the left, is a small black square speed nut (“captive nut” in Jaguar parlance.) I’ve seen this type of speed nut paired with the screws used to attach the cardboard under dash panels.

Dave

1 Like

Very nice.

The challenge we are having is previously organized, bagged/labeled parts have been put in other random bags and all mixed up.

I feel fairly confident that many others have found themselves in this position (or much worse). Thankfully, much of the major work is done (happy dance) but unfortunately, most of the unneeded parts are mixed in with the to be used parts.

:see_no_evil:

1 Like

When I bought a new master last year, I did have to swap fittings from the old. Sooo, I’d just hang on to them in a labeled bag for the future.

1 Like

4 Likes

Ok. Now that is just showing off!

3 Likes

Geoff,
I was trying to be helpful. LOL

2 Likes

How do you do that. Is there an app available? I am only competent to do screen shots and freehanding in lines.

1 Like

If I can be so bold as to offer up a “helpful” recommendation. Right now, Nicole, you have three sets of parts and most have been ID’ed. It could soon be confusing which lay-out of parts someone is IDing.

To avoid confusion and ease ID’ing parts, how about laying them out on a sheet of paper/cardboard and the next display would be labeled “A”. Then, number the parts that are laid out on the paper. The next display of part would be on paper “B” and number 1 to X. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

John Carey has computer skills that are not shared by all. Maybe my proposal will more quickly and accurately enable others in Name-That-Part-ing

OCD Craig in Colorado

2 Likes

I saved the image to my desktop and opened it in Photoshop where I added the lines and text. Once I was done I flattened the layers and saved it as a Jpeg file again. Once that was done I uploaded it to Jag-Lovers

1 Like

PAINT will work too, on any PC

2 Likes

And if you don’t want to pay the subscription fee for Photoshop there is a free photo editing program called Gimp that is almost as good.

Rick OBrien
65 FHC in FL

1 Like

I think you need some kind of badge for that display of knowledge.

Here, I will just give you one:

2 Likes