Name these parts...bonnet related?

I discovered these (2) small pieces as I get ready for paint. Pretty sure they came from the bonnet area since they have the same prep as all my other bonnet work but can’t find them in the spare parts manual. Any idea what they are, where they go and what color they should be?

Thanks
Rick OBrien
65 FHC in FL

I’ll reply, because I too just had this mystery. The guys here helped me sort it out. They block outside air from a slot next to the air ducts at the front of the bonnet. A picture or two says it all . I will try to find the link.

courtesy of Geoff Allan…

See that they have 4 holes each on the sides. You need to fit a felt strip there, with split rivets (originally).

Carsten

Or , you can just seal them in with urethane caulk. ( sikaflex) or similar.

I can’t take credit for that photo. It was posted on the forum a number of months ago and I do not remember who posted it. I just saved it because it shows a very interesting underskin view. It is of a car being restored in France iirc.

That’s a very novel way of putting the bonnet back on the car…bit time consuming though…LOL!

I originally posted that on J-L…I found it on Instagram, and thought it was an interesting, anatomical view of the hood’s structure.

1 Like

Very similar to how it was done in the golden age of prototyping.

I am glad you did. I have referred to it a few times while rebuilding my bonnet.

Thanks all. I would have never found that spot. Even with the picture it took me awhile. Access is a bit tough but doable. Still surprised they are not in the spare parts exploded view.

Rick

OH! A new place for the tool kit?

Is it too late to install? :slight_smile:

Tricky to install but can be done. My question now is what fasteners to use since the heads are in the general radiator area. I don’t want to create an interference to be discovered after paint. See attached. I have a #10-32 cap screw and washer in there for now but what like to know the correct bit.

Also should these be in place during paint or installed later?

Thanks
Rick