Nardi Steering wheel

What size Nardi wood steering wheel is correct for series 1Xj6 1973 and what style?Thank you Steven

This is the one in my '72. Diameter= 15.25 in

1 Like

Thanks very beautiful.

“Correct”, in this case, is whatever style suits your particular fancy :slight_smile:

Cheers
DD

I also like the 15.25 inch Nardi Classic. I tried a 1-inch smaller one (although Personal; not Nardi but similar) and found it too small, both aesthetically and in terms of blocking my view of the clocks.

BTW, a much spiffier Jaguar horn button is available, but it is rare and pricey.

2 Likes

Thank you, it looks nice. I was noticing on E bay most of them say they are from later models. Are they interchangeable? My Jg is a 73 XJ6 series 1

No. The wheels are identical for all cars but the hub (mounting kit) is different for different cars. S1 and S3 XJ cars definitely require different hubs to fit the different splined shafts. The S1 shaft is possibly the same as some earlier saloons and possibly E’s. Make sure you can source a proper hub before committing to the wheel itself.

Here’s an informative previous thread:

Is the 1973 hub same as 1974?

Does anyone know part # or what year mounting hub would work for 1973 Jaguar XJ6 series1, to mount Nardi wheel? Thanks

S1, '69-'73 are different. Spline changed after '73.

Have a Grant wheel on my '71 with their kit…