Need a sprocket mounting bracket C4128, I'm hard on them?

(Mossback) #1

I broke it again! I need one of these as the lower ear snapped off. Is there a spacer that goes behind this lower ear? I didn’t take anything out. I replaced the metric bolt someone had jammed in one of the holes and found a proper bole with about the same shoulder, yet Snap! It broke before the bolts bottomed out. Is the shoulder all that controls that? That doesn’t seem right………………

(Paul Wigton) #2

Pictures would help: Im breaking a SII 4.2.

(Rob Reilly) #3

It’s Item 7 on here.

(Paul Wigton) #4

That is the part I thought it was: if the OP needs one fast, it’ll take me a bit of time to disassemble the engine.

(Rob Reilly) #5

Jaguar Heaven in Stockton Calif probably has a couple dozen on a shelf.

1 Like
(Phil.Dobson) #6

assuming you have something like this?

(- 1950 MkV, 1959 XK150,) #7

Are they a common part to break? I only ask as two of the engines I have stripped down had hairline cracks in the slotted section where the camshaft guide bolt can be fastened.

(Mossback) #8

Thanks for all the photos and diagrams. At least I figured out why I broke it. I didn’t have the damper assemblies in while fitting her up!

(Mossback) #9

I would guess Phil Dobson knew what I did! LOL

(Paul Wigton) #10

This is why a manual is a handy thing to have…:grimacing:

(Mossback) #11

one has to be reading it AT ALL TIMES!

(Mossback) #12

Got one coming from Jag Heaven, should be in Friday, on the car Saturday with all proper pieces in place.

Thanks for the help!

Henry Morrison, Albuquerque

(Erica Moss) #13

I’ve heard of many broken ones and seen a bunch on Ebay. I’d guess the reason they break is that someone bolts up the cams and forgets and cranks it.

1 Like
(Lee140FHC) #14

The original dampers were “full width” so they did not use the 4 spacers…make sure any spacers used are the correct thickness. One should always “mock up” any critical assemblies…word to the wise.