Need a sprocket mounting bracket C4128, I'm hard on them?

I broke it again! I need one of these as the lower ear snapped off. Is there a spacer that goes behind this lower ear? I didn’t take anything out. I replaced the metric bolt someone had jammed in one of the holes and found a proper bole with about the same shoulder, yet Snap! It broke before the bolts bottomed out. Is the shoulder all that controls that? That doesn’t seem right………………

Pictures would help: Im breaking a SII 4.2.

It’s Item 7 on here.

That is the part I thought it was: if the OP needs one fast, it’ll take me a bit of time to disassemble the engine.

Jaguar Heaven in Stockton Calif probably has a couple dozen on a shelf.

1 Like

assuming you have something like this?

Are they a common part to break? I only ask as two of the engines I have stripped down had hairline cracks in the slotted section where the camshaft guide bolt can be fastened.

Thanks for all the photos and diagrams. At least I figured out why I broke it. I didn’t have the damper assemblies in while fitting her up!

I would guess Phil Dobson knew what I did! LOL

This is why a manual is a handy thing to have…:grimacing:

one has to be reading it AT ALL TIMES!

Got one coming from Jag Heaven, should be in Friday, on the car Saturday with all proper pieces in place.

Thanks for the help!

Henry Morrison, Albuquerque

I’ve heard of many broken ones and seen a bunch on Ebay. I’d guess the reason they break is that someone bolts up the cams and forgets and cranks it.

2 Likes

The original dampers were “full width” so they did not use the 4 spacers…make sure any spacers used are the correct thickness. One should always “mock up” any critical assemblies…word to the wise.

Ye

ot a good idea to bolts up the cams, it happen to me just now. 50 years I did not do that, but seeing a film on Youtube, it looks like a good ides, but it isn’t at all.
DON’T DO IT.
Now I have dismantle the engine at the front. Stupid.
Frank.