Need Help on MK V Brake Master

Hi All,
Looking for information on a Brake Master Cylinder for a MK V 3 1/2 liter.
Would anyone happen to be able to furnish a Part No. for it?

Even better if anyone would have a rebuildable Master Cylinder?

Whole system
Regards
David

Looks similar to the Mk7, maybe the same.

I found a pic from when I rebuilt mine.

What’s your name? What’s your situation?
Do you have one that is rust pitted or something? There are places that can put in a brass sleeve and make a new piston.

I do not have a useable core so need to purchase a Master outright.

There have been reports of a large stash of Mark V parts discovered in Australia in the last few years. Perhaps one of our Australian friends knows what became of it?

Otherwise I suggest Worcester Classic Spares in the UK; they may have one or be able to find one.

The bore diameter of the Mark V cylinder is 1 inch.
The difference between that of LHD and of RHD is the forward end cap. LHD has a 1/8 NPT hole for a pressure brake light switch, where RHD is not drilled for a switch and the switch is a mechanical type mounted on the side bracket. Australian and UK sourced cylinders are likely to be the RHD type, but can be converted easy enough.

This one or a very similar one may have been used on Aston Martin DB2, Riley 2.5L, Ferguson tractors and large Austin truck models, though that information is probably not of much practical use.

The Mark VII cylinder is also made by Girling and is similar, but with one important difference. With the Mark V cylinder body the holes for the mounting bolts are both above the bore, where with Mark VII the holes are one over and one under the bore.

There is a curious mistake in the Mark V Service Manual. Plate L.8 shows an exploded view cylinder but it is the Mark VII type. I’ve often wondered how that could have happened. I suppose the manual authors/compilers at Jaguar got the image from Girling and failed to notice it was different.

Hello
I would have one, but it is from a MK V, 2.5

Greetings from Switzerland

There is no difference for 2.5 vs 3.5 liter, only RHD vs LHD.
But either can be used in the other if you don’t care about being to absolute original spec.
The pressure switch is the same as for XK120, and the mechanical switch can be obtained from MGTC parts sources.

It comes from a RHD. However, it needs to be overhauled.

The mounting bracket is the same for RHD and LHD and is provided with two slotted holes for the mechanical brake light switch.

There was a change in the part number of the bracket, C.3232 to C.3982, about halfway through the production run, but it doesn’t seem to be directly associated with a change in any other part, so perhaps it was just a design improvement, stronger or something like that.
The one in my picture above is the C.3982 later one.