Need photos of brake reservoir bracket Mk10

I’ve got a wanted ad going for a Brake reservoir bracket for my lhd 4.2 Mk10 with links to some limited photos on saloon data, but no response yet, and I’m thinking I might have to make it. Would someone with an easily accessible car please post some photos so I can better see what it looks like? I have the components that hold the 2 bottles, but not the one that attaches to the bulkhead. Thanks

Is it part C.24590 you are after ?

Does not show as handed in the Parts Manual

I would almost certainly have one from RHD vehicle

If you advise me this is the Part num you want, I will take a pic of mine, and have a look

I would have thought it was handed…the Manuals have deficiencies

Yes, that’s the part - C24590 from the lhd section. I realize that I didn’t find it before because I was looking in the rhd section - duh. They show different parts there, so I think the rhd doesn’t use the part I need. If you don’t have a lhd car, you might not have it, but I would appreciate it if you would look.
Thanks

So I missed the manual has them in RHD and LHD chapters too

had a look on my car, and they are definitely handed

However I am fairly sure a RHD item would work, either by mounting upside down,
or inboard instead of outboard, but extra holes may have to be drilled in the bracket

With your skills, you would have no problem folding one up

Let me know if you want to go that way, and I can post the exact dimensions up in this thread

It is cad plated I think

Those dimensions would help - I’m happy to buy the original from you, but I suspect it might be more trouble for you than it’s worth. PM me if that’s something you are interested in. I’ll get the reservoirs on in at least a temporary fashion this week.

I’m close to getting the car back on the road after complete fuel system redo, rear suspension and brake rebuild, replacement of the missing e-brake components, driveline bushings, front suspension repair and front brake rebuild, new master brake and booster, replacement of front engine mounts. All that is left for it to be a driver is the radiator, due back from the rebuilder any time, to be installed with the newly fabricated header tank. Then I’ll keep my fingers crossed that the transmission doesn’t continue to leak. I’ll post some photos of the upgrades/mods when it moves and stops under power again.

You would have little trouble making this, if you can clean bend 1/8"

1.9"…I know, double checked it…I would use 2" x 1/8" gal…it is a perfectly rectangular item

so no one will know (except all of us)

made a rare bracket once, and a dude was quizzing me where I got it, was cranky when I told him I fabricated it :blush:

I will PM you with the cost of mailing the original part

I would make one myself if I was you

I already pm-ed you, but now that I see your photo, what you have is the right hand type, as you said. Part number for rhd is C25026, where I need C24590 for lhd, quite a bit different. That one will be a bit harder to make, but I’ll fab it up. Thanks again for your effort.