Need some wiring help

I had a small fire in the vee of my V12 that I am finally getting around to fixing. I have almost everything sorted out except for sone of the sensors and the AC wiring. I was hoping that one of you fine gentlemen has a wiring diagram that includes the AC wiring, Coolant temp sender, and the indicator wire from the alternator. I have a 1976 series 2 XJ 5.3 with fuel injection. Mostly i just need the wire colors. I can figure it out from there.

Hi Alan,

Email jagschemes@live.com.au.

Hi sells inexpensive wire diagrams as a download with color codes for our classic Jags. That is where I got one for my Series 1. Has been worth every penny. I printed it out in color and keep with my Service Manual.

Jeff H.

1 Like

Hi Alan,

I remembered his web site:

http://www.jaguar-wiring-schematics.info/

Jeff H.

thanks for the link. im planning on contacting him in the future to save me time. i did wind up figuring out the mystery through backtesting. i ran a multimeter on the line i assumed was my line to the indicator light. with the ignition on it should read slightly less than battery voltage due to the resistor on the line. i was correct and figuring out the ac wire was also a very simple test.

1 Like

If ylu have anotebook for the car, make an entry as to the wire id you just accomplished. On paper r on dsc. good thing to do.

i used to se a neat little pocket Pc for that and other stuff. Dell AXIM. Still have it. but nmo means to sync to a desk top. too old Microsoaft prodeuct. as teh Os.

Carl

thats what im doing. Also since i had to rebuild most of the harness im trying to keep the color codes true to the lucas originals. Obviously im not going to be able to source exact colors but i can get close.

One way is to splice in a bit of the original wire near the connection points, Alan…

Frank
xj6 85 Sov Europe (UK/NZ)