New center console finisher

looks good

4 Likes

Looks very nice - did you make this yourself ? Tex Terry, II 1991 XJS V12 Classic Coupe, 1986 XJS V12 Coupe - 3/26/2020 1518hrs. EST USA.

I purchased it from an eBay member who manufactures them hiself

Here’s a picture of the shifter console that I purchased for my wife’s 1990 XJ-S convertible from Saul Chaplin of British Auto Wood in Florida.

There are no smokers in our house so the ash trays were a waste of space. My wife really likes and uses the cup holders. Saul Chaplin also did a beautiful job refinishing the carpathian birds eye elm pieces in this Classic Collection trim upgrade car.

I have no affiliation with Saul Chaplin or British Auto Wood other than as a satisfied customer.

Paul

2 Likes

Glad both of you posted pics, Gourgen and Paul, since different color types - have been considering doing this though was not sure how the final look would be, nor where to acquire the finished panel - both look very nice - thanks - Tex Terry II 1991 XJS V12 Classic Coupe, 1986 XJS V12 Coupe - 3/27/2020 2253hrs. EST USA

I’ll eventually take a picture of mine.

1. How did you mount to the switches? Since the replacement part is mounted to a metal sheet, the ski slope is thicker and I couldn’t get it to snap back in.

2. Eventually the ski slope cracked in several places. No doubt caused by the differing expansion of the metal versus the clear coat. He used to use some kind of fiber composite, but I got the metal.

Do you recall the particular e-bay seller. I’ve seen a few but like the look of yours - not sure if all are equally nice.

his ebay id is cgautowood

Veekay
I had use genuine jaguar window switch bezel which has largest tab opening of all other two aftermarket type window switch bezels.( Uro and Indian made)
the cruise switch bezel went in there without and problem except I had to grind off 1mm or so from all 4 sides of switch opening on the ski slope.
had no problem with the lighter bezel either.