New game: Post the most hideous E

2 Likes

That is certainly a strong contender.

Nice try Ray, IMHO, that one looks pretty good compared to the previous ones.
Say, maybe I could get a vinyl wrap for mine :wink:
Cheers,
LLynn

Yes, certainly an “honorable mention”.

Don’t you just hate those who live in the US for ten years and never bother to learn the language?
I think no one should graduate from grade school without learning either Cherokee, Apache, Ute or Arapaho.

LLoyd July, 2014

I think it’ll look better a 150 MPH. :grin:

image112_jpg Big tires can be put on without looking butchered. These are the smaller street tires I was running. The race tires were 295/30-18 on all 4. Turning radius was very tight as I raced it in the slaloms.

3 Likes

Do you have underside pix, to show the work needed?

image084_jpg image086_jpg The inner bump stops were ground off along with any protrusions so the inner fender was smooth. Steel fenders hand made and welded in place with steel inner fenders. No Fiberglass bolt on stuff. However, the bonnet is carbon fiber and weighed 35 lbs. Rear and side windows are Lexan. Car came out 800 lbs lighter than stock. It needed the wider rubber to keep it on the ground. I added 2" spacers as I was running later model XKR wheels. The wheel offset required them to fit. They are staggered on the XKR with wider ones on the rear. I got two sets and put race tires on the wider ones, Street tires on the narrower ones. The Narrower ones are on the finished picture above with 255/40-18 tires. Note there is still some space available. The race tires filled that gap. Wheels and tires in body shop picture were XJ40 with 205/70-15 tires. Kind of look lost under there.

2 Likes

And… It’s a thing of beauty! I had the pleasure of seeing it, and Dick, in Houston about 10 years ago.

Regards,
Ray L.

Well, it certainly looks well executed.

Houston or San Antonio?

Hi John, I had it out in San Antonio before I widened the fenders a second time as in the pictures for the even larger wheels and tires. That is where you saw it and I first met you and Ray and a few other Jag-Lovers. Kind of like a reunion of sorts.

I remember that well, a fun time. Overall how much wider are the wheel openings now?

There is this picture, taken at the time, on the old J-L site. For some reason it can’t be seen full size.

http://www.jag-lovers.org/snaps/snap_view.php3?zx=SdADyA8IiM%2F6D8gLApmXzgbHEASM2Ps41EFC2ta7Bdj%2BAKyLyBgOUEWU0Pc5xEU93MsIRcVIQM2LyBgKRy%2FW2bsE3Uw8x9b1Rfw6QMnO%2B0TFSTbWjPk9CkYLncfPB8c7BZ6YxkLPDwafnxAL0AoAmZ7HSs0M%2FpaWyAT4%2Bwk%3D,

I thought it was Houston, but coulda been San Antonio. Same place I met you!

Regards,
Ray L.

If I remember correctly, they are 3" extended on the outside and a bit over an inch of additional clearance on the inside.

Another picture from San Antonio. Looks like Ray sitting down with Jerry Mouton behind him. I am sitting in the chair to the right.

1 Like

I realize that but someone had mentioned about how to put big tires under the car. Thread got sideways.

Whoa! Thread drift! That NEVER happens here! :slight_smile:

Regards,
Ray L.

1 Like

Yes, this was the JCNA Championship Challenge in 2009.

And the person standing to the right is Mike Mueller, if I’m not mistaken. I’m not sure who the other two are. I was running around judging, something I don’t miss a bit. .

To get back on topic, a candidate for a hideous E-Type… At least it is not modified.

Perhaps modified by nature?