New Harry's video

Harry shows great love for the XJ12

From two years ago where the adventure begins

1 Like

Thanks for that…I thought it was the earlier one when I was looking at new videos. Selected for a moment and saw the old clip of him driving around corner from the first one, so thought it was the older one.

And what on earth are those green toggle switches on the rear brake calipers?!
Now I’ve seen everything! Wonder what they do.

Lastly, not to be snarky, but 4700GBP for that work!? Madness. But if you have the cash…i guess.
Regardless of the rep of a place, I would just never trust another working on my car…

…and spending that amount and yet he did not wish to replace the headliner and have it properly padded and soundproof?

…and I did not like the tailpipes, the look nor how they were strangely angled…?!
Nice to see nonetheless.

Harry’s collection might be approaching $1m in value (and then there is his grand estate), the 4,700 GBP is a pittance at his level - and he didn’t have do any of the work. Really for all they did: suspension, exhaust, differential, brakes, that is not out of line. Admittedly XJ Restorations is not a discount shop. He is just playing around with this XJ12C, he can hardly contain himself that he is having so much fun with such a low cost car.

$1 million would be conservative. Harry has, or certainly had, a Pangani Zonda which would have cost at least $500,000 on its own.
Shop rates and parts prices are much higher in the UK than US listers might expect for the same work. I don’t find £4700 unrealistic for what was done.
Harry did a very nice review of a V12 XJ-S a few years ago which is also well worth watching.

Those green ‘switches’ look more like protective plugs pushed into the brake fluid inlet pipe holes, which I’d expect any good reconditioning shop to use in order to keep dirt out.

1 Like

I love Harrys reviews,kind of like going for spin with friend in his latest purchase.Helps that he talks funny like me.

Gerry 62 E type Ots.

1 Like

I have been a fan of Harrys garage. been waiting for a while wondering when he was going to bring that Jag back. yes the tin roof thought he would have spent some dosh on that. he has some great vids to enjoy probably one of my top picks so far. thanks Harry. has far has he’s net worth he gets to do what he loves for a living good for him.

1 Like

Hah…bravo. In fact.
I have an active imagination…what can I say.

I see breasts and the female form in everything too.
It’s a problem.

Nice! Thanks for posting.
This has whetted my appetite for my own XJ12 4 speed…if I ever get it finished.
Cheers,

Rob

1 Like

Nice to see you posting, Rob. What year (series) is your car?

is it an original or conversion?

Sawyer, all XJ12’s were automatic transmission - but they are just a pedal box conversion away from having three pedals.

cheers Thomas good to know. hey Thomas I noticed your picture of your XJ12 is that the story I read where you saved car and got it back on the road?

Yes, the picture is my lumped '76 XJ12L that I bought as a non-running car for $800 and got it running again. I have it back apart again, I decided to refresh the cylinder heads because the valves were so sticky it broke one pushrod and lifted the rocker arm stud on another cylinder. I’ll put it back together after the Christmas holiday. It cleaned up nicely and was even shiny enough to get a couple of compliments.