New member question-xk120

I am a new member and 82 years old. I owned a 1953 XK 120 OTS for 47 years which I sold a few years ago. After retiring I restored it and earned a score of 98.96 at the Jaguar Clubs of North America Concours D’ Elegance in September 2011. I have a number of mostly NOS and NORS parts I wish to part with before I’m gone and they get thrown in a dumpster. I have typed up a multi-page list of the parts. I tried to post something in the classified ad section and for some reason, being somewhat technically challenged, I was unable to figure out how to do that. I read the “How To Use The Classified Category” document and it says to go to the “+New Topic” link. I did that and nothing happens. I searched for a way to contact someone to help and draw a blank. If someone is willing to assist or bet how to get the message out about my extra parts I would really appreciate it. My name is Ron and I am in Bend, Oregon. Thank you.

3 Likes

Ron,
I know someone in your area will gladly and rapidly assist. If not, let me know.
Meanwhile, we all anxiously await your list of items!!

Thanks for replying. Are you saying you know someone near where I live in Bend, Oregon that can help? If so I would like to meet him/her and get assistance.

Thank you.

I went to the “Classified” link again and scrolled over to +New Topic and click on it. For some reason it doesn’t do anything. I don’t know what instruction on how to post a classified ad I am not doing right. Maybe it takes a while to become a “member in good standing?”

1 Like

Ronald, the reason that you cannot access the classifieds is due to being a new member, you will need to reply to other posts and ‘like’ some others to raise your level to trust level 1

1 Like

Ron,
If you read thru the notes on the classifieds you will understand that you cannot post there until you become basically a part of the family.
I am in the same position as you with a large cache of XK120 parts, and though I am able to post to the classifieds I have found it is better to donate parts to those posting needs.
I am in WA, call me If I can be of assistance.
Mike May
360-877-2301

2 Likes

Thanks to both of you. I will work on becoming a trusted member soon.

1 Like

How about this so you can post a “like?” Probably get me in hot water but I’m one year younger than you. Just click on the heart in lower right hand corner of this message.

3 Likes

Done. Thank you.

2 Likes

You can post the list onto this posting as it will be of interest to XK owners and they are more likely to see here.

Ronald, only as a guide, no pricing please

1 Like

Thank you to all that have contacted me and offered assistance. I appreciate it very much. I will figure out how to post the parts list. I haven’t thought about prices for anything. If someone offered to buy everything lock stock and barrel that would sure be the easiest for me.

PS: My three page list of XK 120 parts is in a Word Document and I’m trying to figure how to attach that to a reply if that’s possible. I tried the “upload” arrow and get a message that it needs to be in some other format. I can probably E-mail it to those that might be interested if that’s acceptable.

Ronald,

Try taking a photo of each page, that way it will work for sure, if you can’t then email it to me and I’ll do it for you. I’ll privately send you my personal email address.

Here is the list of Parts that Ronald has available as spares which may be of interest to XK forum members
JAGUAR XK 120 SPARE PARTS LIST

(12-29-2022)

NEW GRILLE

NEW SPOKE WHEEL KNOCKOFFS (4)

ONE SPOKE WHEEL (painted red)

ONE DISC WHEEL (painted red) W/ NEW DUNLOP ROAD SPECIAL RS5 600 X H16 NYLON TUBE TYPE 6 PLY RATING TIRE

NEW ROADSTER TOP ASSEMBLY

NEW ROADSTER TOP BOTTOM BOW (chrome)

NEW BATTERY BOX COVERS (2)

NEW MANETTE HORN CONTROL UNIT; EXTRA HORN BUTTOM

NEW WIND WINGS (pair)

NEW JACK W/LUG WRENCH

NEW MUFFLER AND TAIL PIPE

NEW SPORTS CAR TRUNK RACK

TRUNK RACK MOUNTING BRACKETS

NEW FITTED CAR COVER

USED FITTED CAR COVER

RADIATOR SIDE PANELS (right & left)

THREE GAS TANK SENDING UNITS (two XK 120 & one Smith)

REBUILT OIL LEVEL SENDING UNIT

USED ORIGINAL 16 “TRIM RINGS (two)

SEVERAL RADIATOR HOSES W/ THREE HOSE CLAMPS

SPARE TIRE HOLD DOWN BRACKET

FUEL DOOR LOCK ASSEMBLY (two)

NEW TRUNK HANDLE (long shaft)

FENDER SKIRT REMOVAL TOOL (two)

FENDER SKIRT LATCH COVERS (toilet seats)

HOOD LATCH CATCH PLATE (chrome)

DOOR STRIKER PLATES (two)

TOP CENTER POST LATCH

WINDSHIELD POST BRACKETS (three)

JACK HOLE COVERS

FLOOR BOARD RETAINER W/ SCREWS

GEAR SHIFT KNOBS (one walnut/one black)

ONE FLEXIBLE OIL LINE

ONE SPEEDO/TACH CABLE

ONE HOOD CABLE KNOB

HORNS (one pair)

LICENSE PLATE LENS

ORIGINAL STYLE RADIATOR CAPS (three)

WATER OUTLET/THERMOSTAT HOUSING

VARIOUS MUFFLER AND TAIL PIPE CLAMPS (five)

TAIL LIGHT ASSEMBLIES (two)

ONE TAIL LIGHT LENS

ONE TAIL LIGHT BEZEL

ONE 6” DRIVING LIGHT LENS

HEAD LIGHT STONE GUARDS (two)

TWO PF 770 HEAD LIGHT BULBS

TWO DRIVING LIGHT CLEAR BULBS

TWO NEW INNER HEADLIGHT RIMS

TWO PF 770 RETAINER WIRES

FIVE OIL FILTERS

NEW FLEXOLITE ELECTRIC FAN

CARB ADJUSTMET TOOL KIT

VALVE EXTRACTOR TOOL

USED XK 120 GAUGES: SPEEDO, TACH, OIL, WATER, AMP

USED XK 140 TACH/CLOCK (YES, XK 140)

BOX OF ELECTRICAL PARTS (points, condenser, etc., etc.)

MISCELLANEOUS DECALS, GRILLE BADGES & PATCHES

NUMEROUS JAGUAR BOOKS, ART WORK & MEMORBILIA.

RON ROBBEL
rarklr@aol.com

**541-788-8172 (BEND, OR) **

3 Likes

Wow. Great job!!! Thank you.

Thanks Terry, I was just about to do the same.

Dear fellow listers,

Many Many thanks to RON for posting the list and selling me several components.

I am so impressed by the quality and care with which these parts must have been preserved, everything is perfectly packed and in excellent condition.

To my surprise, the parts were not merely reproductions, but New Old Stock, and the Manette in particular is a 54 year code, perfect for my car.

Ron, you are a great gentleman, take care.

Many parts are already gracing my 120FHC, and I am so thankful for the otherwise unobtainable original Manette, Radiator Side Panels and spare wheel bracket, all fitting perfectly.

And… the books are already being scrutinized, some really deserve being digitalized here, would the authors agree (road tests from the 1950’s).

Best,

Ll.

1 Like

Lluis: Thank you for purchasing many parts from me and your kind words. I plan to take pictures and post them so you and others can see what parts I still would like to sell. I would particularly like to sell the large parts like the NORS XK 120 Grille, the new top frame, the muffler and tailpipe in the near future. I also have many more Jaguar books.

Ron

In a message dated 1/24/2023 12:14:22 PM Pacific Standard Time, noreply@jag-lovers.com writes:

| LLuis_Gimeno Patron
January 24 |

• | - |

Dear fellow listers,

Many Many thanks to RON for posting the list and selling me several components.

I am so impressed by the quality and care with which these parts must have been preserved, everything is perfectly packed and in excellent condition.

To my surprise, the parts were not merely reproductions, but New Old Stock, and the Manette in particular is a 54 year code, perfect for my car.

Ron, you are a great gentleman, take care.

Many parts are already gracing my 120FHC, and I am so thankful for the otherwise unobtainable original Manette, Radiator Side Panels and spare wheel bracket, all fitting perfectly.

And… the books are already being scrutinized, some really deserve being digitalized here, would the authors agree (road tests from the 1950’s).

Best,

Ll.

Info for everyone here. I just helped Ron put up a classifieds post so everyone on the site gets to see the parts he is selling. click on this link to see the ad. Xk 120 parts for sale (and a few 140)

1 Like