New Owner - Looking for a wire wheel

Good afternoon,

I recently purchased a 1985 XJ6 Vanden Plas in Antelope Metallic over Doeskin. It has 166k miles but is in wonderful condition. Apparently the first owner was the President of Hills Bros. Coffee. A young lady at the drive through just told me, “I like your car. It’s old school”. High praise from Gen Z!

The car has 15" Dayton direct bolt-on 60 Spoke wire wheels on it. It also came with three new-in-the-box 16x7 70 Spoke wire wheels. I would love to find a 4th to make a complete set. Dayton no longer makes them. If anyone knows of a source for a single 16x7 70 Spoke wheel, please let me know.

Thx.

Jim

Jim:

As you mention Hills Brothers coffee, I conclude that you are somewhere in the USA.
If so, it might be OK to check with David Boger at everydayxj. He has a great stock of good used and some NOs parts. Might have a wheel for you. Good guy, posts here from time to time. Locale is in north Carolina!

Hills Bros. Brings back memories. Circa 1950, my after school job was at a full service station in El Paso, Texas. We serviced the trucks for the local Hills Bros distributors. The cpompany had a shop in La that refurbished older trucks in the fleet and returned them to servce All just perfect, even though aged…

Welcome, lots of fun + help here…

Carl.

Jim,
Welcome to the list.
Those aftermarket bolt on Dayton wire wheels show up on eBay from time to time.

Paul

Thank you Gentlemen,

Carl - thanks for the tip. I’m in Virginia so I’ll reach out to David.

Paul. Thank you. I have a search set up on EBay. Hopefully something will appear.

Jim