New Owner with missing part request

Excited to join the ranks of pre XK owners. Our car is a 1948 3-1/2L dhc–drivable except for a missing oil-line banjo fitting. The missing fitting (lost in postal transit) is an aluminum banjo hose insert fitting and four are located one on each end of the oil supply and return lines to the remote oil filter.

Missing%20Oil%20Line%20Fitting

Please let me know if you can supply or know of a source for a part that will get our car back on the road.

Barry
I deduce that your car is left hand drive
The banjo bolts are 3/8" BSPF. About a year ago I had a few of these oil lines made at a local company who do them for Hydraulic lines for earthmoving equipment and the like
Took the old lines and they mad enew replacements. with the ends correctly swaged on. They did a nice job in black rubber finished hose. You might need to specify this or you might end up witha woven stainless mesh finish or soe bright colour as now seems favoured by part manufacturers.

They should also sell modern lipped washers to suit the better to avoid leaks.

Welcome to the forum.
Although I am not intimately familiar with the remote oil filter, found only on LHD Mark IVs as you probably know, I presume you need the part circled in red.
I have found these folks can supply unusual BSF plugs and BSPP threaded fittings, and they do have some banjo fittings.
http://www.metricmcc.com/
http://www.metricmcc.com/catalog/Ch8/8-842.pdf
The sump drain plug in my Mark V came from them.

Many thanks, Ed, for the reply. The fitting was lost having been sent from a hydraulic shop after their futile attempt to fashion new hoses. When a fitting turns up, I shall try again.

Rob, thank you for the reference. Although no appropriate British fittings show up, I may, if an original part cannot be obtained, rework a metric aluminum fitting that is very close in size.

Pirtek in Canterbury Rg in Melbourne list the 3/8" BSPP banjos on heir website
I’ll measure the hose lengths from the current car that is in.There are 2 hoses, do you need both otr one?
Do you have the banjo bolts?

Here is Pirtek’s page 9 in the US catalog Section B or page 10 in the Aus catalog Section C of their hose tail fittings. Same part numbers in both.

I would recommend getting them to make up the hoses. They have the equipment to crimp the fitttings onto the hose[ as original and it wasn’t particularly expensive.

Ed, Rob, Thank you both. As it turns out Pirtek has a location not too far from our home. Ed, if you would kindly send the lengths of the two hoses, I will have a set of hoses made up to use on the car pending the discovery of an original banjo (I still have three). Thank you both for your help. If you should hear of someone with a spare proper banjo hose insert, I am in the market and would appreciate knowing of a source.

Kind regards, Barrie