New set of shop tools. Have a look

I found these stands on eBay. They’ve supposedly only been used one time.

Now that I figured out how to get the wheels to stay straight ahead it’ll be smooth sailing!!! Doc says Ron will be out of the hospital and back to work real soon.

2 Likes

With chocked rear wheels–not really needed on a flat surface–id soooo use those!

One might need to drain the sump of ANY pre-real seal rear main Jag, however…!

Chicago? 2122 N Clark?

You’re a braver man than I am Gunga Din! (apologies to Mr Kipling) That ‘Dished’ section under the wheel is not really that deep. Put too much forward pressure doing up a stubborn bolt and the whole thing could roll off…

Oh, I’m not that stupid (though I play a stupid person on TV…): I’d leave the car attached to the chain hoist.

:laughing:

2 Likes

…yea. Safety first.

1 Like

…don’t do that.

They teach you yobbos, anything, down under?

:laughing:

1 Like

Did you know that Down Under nuts and bolts tend to tighten up, rather than loosen due to the coriolis effect?

3 Likes

Apparently in the days before the invention of the hydraulic lift, it was not that unusual to hoist a car up by a chain fall.

Looking at the trolley on the right it looks as if the pistons have been removed , much easier working position than on a hoist or in a pit with oil dripping all over you.

2 Likes

If you’ll look at the left running board you’ll see an antennae for a radio running lengthwise. My Model A had one when I bought it.

Here’s an NOS shot of one. I assume they worked.