NEW Spark Plug Removal Wrench Jaguar V12

Spark Plug Removal Wrench

Changing the spark plugs on the Jaguar V12 H.E. is a bear. Most people resign themselves to having to remove just about everything in the vee to do the job, including unbolting the A/C compressor so it can be moved aside. You will spent about 5 hours to change your spark plugs.
This is an adon to topic: http://www.jag-lovers.org/xj-s/book/SparkPlugWrench.html

Here I have made a new tool to do change spark plugs on a Jaguar V12 under a hour without to have remove the ac etc…

See pic how you can make the tool for the 1A and 1B sprak plugs

the socket is an normal 16 mm socket an drilled out in order that it go over the sparkplug
Welled an pin on it under an angel and on the other end a small socket that you can put an other tool as in pic.

If you have questions, want more info or pic send me a message as a new user I can only put 1 pic

I hope with this tool you will have more fun to work on your cat and you will have more time left on your weekend to enjoy the smily miles…

3 Likes

Hi Werdy,

Do you have any more pics of the tool from different angles? Just trying to reproduce it accurately.

-Stephen

herby the pic what I have

Too bad it won’t work on the 6.0, without removing AC.

its better to strip the V so you can see any debris that could drop in the plug hole and cause this

Totally agree with striping the ‘V’ even though it is not so easy. A/C compressor can stay attached to hoses and lifted forward and rested on thin board supported by cam covers. Take off the throttle tower and then get your vacuum out. Use a small tube to fit over the plug attached to the suction hoses to make sure the above picture is not you engines fate. Actually is not that hard and you will have a true XJ-S experience. Don’t forget to use anti seize on the plug threads and use a piece of rubber hose that just fits over the ceramic to install them. Don’t over tighten them. Again sir is worth the time to Strip The ‘V’.

Or you first remove the debris on the V with a air pressure gun and then remove the plugs with the tool.

It saves you a half of day work. and better keep in any way the V always clean because if the injectors start leaking when the pipes are never changed it is a hazard for fire.

So I can see on the pic that the present or previous owner(s) did never proper his TLC or it was a small TLC ( T ender L ove for his C at) or otherwise it would not look like this.
In this case it was an J A G U A R without TLC it was only used for
J oy A s G enuine U re A nger R acing

If you have a well maintained cat she is a real fast cat but if there was no good care she is a B… to have / to get.

Some HT lead kits are numbered/lettered with the cylinder ID.
It’s worth the extra $ for the security.
Any mistake here will be very bad.
Of course if the dizzy isn’t labeled it can add difficulty.
The V12s on the last three years had a plastic engine cover.
I think that made cleaning laborious for the PO.
My V was so dirty, I couldn’t see what was what.
I think when I scrubbed the V on my 94 coupe, I wrapped the dizzy with plastic.
Then I used decreaser, a small brush & a fairly stout pressure garden hose.
Once I was happy with the job, I removed the plugs.

When disconnecting the throttle tower don’t loosen the TPS.
If you do, you’ll need to re-calibrate it.
On 94 thru 96 it’s done with either dual matched DVMs or a Jaguar PDU.
I don’t know how the earlier v12s are done.