New tires for SII

Hi all,

maybe, if anyone is interested, I’ve got just one data point to share as regards tires.

When I got my car in 2007 it was shod in Pirelli P 4000 with a decent tread, but very aged. Driving was so so and horrible on wet roads.

In May 2011 I bought a cheap winter tire, Nankang N-607 winter tire, original size 205/70-15, 96H (up to 210 kph). They would beat the ancient Pirellis hands down. Despite being full winter tires they were quiet, comfortable and reliable on wet surfaces. Eventually, they took the car and the passengers over snow covered passes to skiing resorts.

After eight and a half years and 25000 kms their tread was still o.k., but on the edge for serious winter use. So I decided to go for new tires and found another El Cheapo (<50 EUR per tire): Rotalla Setula W Race S130, again original size, 96T (only rated for speeds up to 190 kph).

Rotallas are Chinese as well, certainly not leading edge technology, but at least this is not a pure transporter tire as most tires of this dimension on the market.

After like 50 mls I can report nothing but positive. With freshly balanced wheels the car feels planted, sure-footed and is a joy to drive, one full dimension better than two weeks ago when David and I had a little test drive. NAYY.

Good luck

Jochen

75 XJ6L 4.2 auto (UK spec)

1 Like

Thank’you , Jochen ant information about tires can help all owners.

Where do you live dear?

Fred

I’m located in Southern Germany, just short from the Alpine range and below Black Forest by Lake Constance.

Where in Italy are you located?

Best

Jochen

75 XJ6L 4.2 auto (UK spec)