New tires or tyres for the brits among us

Had a flat last week (my first ever with the 40) and mounted up the spare. Unfortunately it was a sidewall puncture so lost the tire and had no spare any longer.
Tire place couldn’t supply what I had on - kumho ecsta platinum16" 60 225 98W’s.

They said they couldn’t put a different rated tire on the car unless they put on all 4 and unfortunately 98w rated tires in my size (16") didn’t seem to be available in Canada any longer …so I’d have to mount lower rated tires and spend over $1000 to boot.

So I ran around without a spare for a week and ordered 4 new (still available in the States) Kumho 98w’s, about $400 US delivered to my Seattle installer.
Mounted them yesterday and drove down I-5 to Tacoma and back, just a beautiful silent drive, forgot how nice new tires really are …anyway, thank god for Tire Rack, they saved my bacon. If it wasn’t for them I’d be in the same boat as the x300 cars I see running around on minivan “H” rated tires. - no thanks!

2 Likes

Teehee…:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I think I am as well. Michelin Harmony 205 70 R15 on a 1990 car. Costco would sell them to me but not install them on a Jaguar. I bought elsewhere and had a more flexible tire shop fit them to the wheels. IMHO tire stores are becoming a real PITA these days.
John Quilter, Eugene, Oregon USA

Tire rack is the only way to go, John!

I think I did get them from Tire Rack and had them installed locally when I lived in California.