New (to me)X Type Wagon

(Grahame Loader) #1

Just did a deal on an 04 wagon. Looks in very good condition and has a full history. The car is a 3 litre automatic. Looking forward to putting it through its paces.

Does anyone have any tips on getting rid of dog hair in the back?

(Robin O'Connor) #2

Packing tape or sellotape?

(Grahame Loader) #3

Picked the car up today and was very pleased. I’m trying to figure out how to connect my phone. There is nothing in all the manuals on this. There was a package of cables in the underfloor storage but no indication of where ,when or what they connect to. Has anyone done this with an Android phone?

(carsoncitysmith) #4

The detail shop charged me an extra $100 for dog hair. The dogs had been confined to the rear cargo deck, which was fortunate.
I connected my phone and it worked for a week or so but does not any more and the method for connecting it the first time is no longer effective for some reason.
I got mine with 175k miles on it and it has run fine for 2 years now. I got a fluid change for the transmission and I just replaced the starter. It does well in snow and gets good mileage on longer trips. Downshift to pass on the freeway.
P.

(Grahame Loader) #5

I just found a fantastic brush to get rid of pet hair. The back of my wagon was so covered in golden retriever hair that there could have been dog under there. A friend’s son put me on to a synthetic brush that lifts pet hair off carpet like magic. I got one at Carzzilla in Calgary and it only took a half an hour to clean the whole back. $8 bucks is far less than $100.