New Water Pump Leak

This is also posted on the V12 Forum today.
Been working as time allows on repairs including replacement of water pump and all coolant hoses. After five months finally got to the stage of refilling coolant system. After topping off the radiator a slow drip started. That was last night. Could not take the disappointment so went to bed. Could not sleep so at 5:30 this morning put my Stant pressure tester on the header tank and at 5 PSIG heard a steady leak. The cars front end is raised on jack stands so crawled under with a flash light and saw the source of the leak being the water pump gasket. This is a paper gasket that came with the new water pump. Did apply a little Loctite 518 to both sides of the back side gasket.
Will not work on repairing this leak until next week and would like to ask if any one has found the Ford improved Garlock gaskets. What a PITA this is becoming.
Also no where in any of the maintenance manuals can I find the recommended torque for the water pump bolts. Being an aluminum block did not get carried away when installing the pump and itt may be that they just aren’t snugged up enough.
Did use a slender 1/2" open end wrench to tighten the hidden bolt behind the belt tensioner assembly.

Is this a “new” water pump or rebuilt one? If replacing with a rebuilt pump always check the mating surface. My rebuilt pump had a tiny mark that I didn’t see the first time. I JB Weld it, sanded it flush & used Locktight 518 red sealer. So far no leaks years later

New water pump but was not assembled correctly as there was a 0.055" gap between the impeller and the housing. Had to use an arbor pres to close the gap to the recommended 0.025". Gasket is paper and I too used some gasket dressing. Thought I had used 518 also but used used some Hylomar HPF instead. New gasket are on their way and will work on it in a few days. Thanks for your reply Larry.