New Water Pump Leaks

It’s kind of a shame there’s no Form A Gasket on the gasket in the middle of the pump. I guess there’s no good way to get such in a rebuild?

When I build them, I saturate both sides of the center gasket with red spray tac by Permatex. This dries to a very sticky consistency and seals the gasket. Keeps coolant from seeping through.

That sounds good – but it doesn’t look like that was done to the pump in the photo above.

ozbie,

Being just outside of Toronto myself (at least if we are referring to the one in Canada!). If you don’t mind me asking, as I’m always looking for new places to source parts. Who is your source for OEM grade parts in Toronto?

Cheers,
Paul

Tom Owen from Brown’s Lane can help you here, a little pricey but very knowledgeable and better quality parts. http://brownslane.com/

Many thanks, always good to have sources that are actually Jaguar knowledgable.

Cheers,
Paul

Installed rebuilt water pump 6 days ago with the green gasket and also used some high tack red Permatex gasket sealant on both sides of the gasket. Of couse there is no way to use on the forward gasket with out disassembling the pump.
Took car for test drive today and the out side temperature here is 97+. Temp gauge stayed at the center of the N in both highway and stop and go traffic.
That’s the good news but the bummer is after much work and effort on A/C system only only giving me 70 degrees at the vents. The condenser was flushed but is original. May be plugged up a bit I suspect after 32 years.
Completely flushed system and had pulled -30hg vacuum for three hours. It held the vacuum over night and vacuumed the system for an other hour before trying to charge the system this morning. Would not take the estimated required 997 grams of R134a. Took maybe 600 grams and stopped trying to add more refrigerant due to high low side pressure of 80 PSIG.
Got an email notification that the supplier of the new water (Xks Unlimited) which was returned due to warp back plate, has given me a full refund. Thanks to them for being an honorable business.
It has taken me more time to do these repairs due to high garage temperatures and a right hand that is not as functional as is use to be.
Thanks for this forum and it’s members.

Either your condenser is overheating or there’s an obstruction in your freon circuit. Obviously, it’s not going to cool properly until the condenser is kept cool and a full charge of refrigerant is installed.