Newly available EFI unit for V12s from Mobeck Tekniske possibly ready for production

Don’t see how you would be able to control timing curve without extensive mods the the Lucas distributor. I have experience with holley dual sync distributors for small block fords. that can control the timing curve but they are digitally controlled. they basically took a MSD distributor and took the guts out and replaced it with some electronics. is that what you plan on doing?

1 Like

There are a lot of brands of aftermarket ECU, what is getting more and more popular is the Swedish MaxxECU http://www.maxxecu.com/.

Comes in different levels depending of what you intend to do… even has built in wideband and transmission control. Will get one myself for the ongoing race car project.

1 Like

You can do this with any aftermarket ECU, not very commonly used though… also with the old OPUS that has a quite odd trigger arrangement I doubt that signal can be used to trigger anything… you will remove vacuum and lock the centrifugal advance and let the computer do the advance according to your ignition map. However the resolution for the ignition calculation will be very low as you only have 6 trigger signal per crankshaft revolution compared to using a 36-1 trigger wheel on the crank…

Interesting. i guess its similar to how the Marelli system does it. but wouldn’t the spark get weaker with lots of advance or retarding? the Marelli system has a rather large/wide rotor arm contact to compensate for this right? I feel like this kit would work much better with marelli cars as it could piggyback on the Marelli sensors or even replace the Marelli ecu. But it seems they have done testing and found otherwise.