LEFT HAND DRIVE CHASSIS NUMBER: S 676165 ENGINE NUMBER: F 3863-8S BODY NUMBER: F 8449 GEARBOX NUMBER: **JL 24230
Green exterior, Suede Green interior & tan soft top.
This is a “Special Equipment” or “M” model: with high-lift cams, stronger suspension and wire wheels, a 3.4 liter engine and 4-speed manual gearbox. Numbers match the original data plate and JDHT Certificate. This remarkable vehicle is one of only 6436 left-hand drive OTSs built during the entire XK-120 production run. Its chassis number, S676165, is the 273rd last OTS built, as indicated by its flat horn-push and curved parking brake handle. It was built July 23, 1954 and shipped to the U.S. in August to Charles Hornburg Jaguar in LA. This particular car was in outstanding body and mechanical condition, making it an excellent candidate for restoration.
IMAGINE CRUISING THROUGH SUMMER IN THIS BEAUTY!
THE UTTERLY COMPLETE AND THOROUGH RESTORATION INCLUDED:
• New front suspension rubber bushings
• New front & rear suspension rebound bumpers
• New GAZ front shocks
• New rear shock link arms
• New upper & lower ball joints
• New wheel bearings and seals
• New rear spring leather gaiters
• 4 New tires and tubes
• New chrome knockoffs
• New brake wheel cylinders (front and rear)
• New brake dual master cylinder
• New brake stop light switch
• New brake lines
• New brake hoses
FUEL SYSTEM & COOLING
• New fuel tank sender
• New in-tank fuel filter
• New fuel pump
• Carburetors rebuilt with Grose-Jet Valves
• Re-cored radiator
• Water pump rebuilt
• New thermo-controlled electric auxiliary cooling fan
• 6 new pistons, rings and pins (+030)
• New main and rod bearings (+010)
• New small end bushings
• New valve springs
• New tappet hold-down set (Inlet and exhaust)
• New timing chain, guide and tensioner
• New gaskets, seals and pilot bushing
• New starter & dynamo brushes
• New clutch: (drive plate, driven plate, release bearing)
• Resurfaced flywheel
• Harmonic damper rebuilt
• Re-porcelained exhaust manifolds
• New cloth insulated wiring harnesses (as per original)
• New tri-bar headlamps
• New Lucas driving lights
• New tail lights
• New Original Specification Jaguar Interiors convertible soft top
• New OSJI interior kit
• New weather-stripping throughout
• New Bell stainless steel exhaust system
• Extensive chrome re-plating
• New 12-volt battery (easily returned to twin 6-volt units if desired)
• New Baltic birch floor boards
• New Baltic birch boot boards
• New bumpers (front & rear)
• New windscreen glass & rubber
• New screen washer unit
• Clock rebuilt (it actually works)
This car is located in Cincinnati. It has a clear Ohio title and comes with the Jaguar Heritage Trust Certificate, tool roll, side curtains in original storage bag and a DVD of the complete photo record…over 300 pictures before, during and after restoration as well as scans of receipts.
MY ASKING PRICE IS $99,999.99 VIA CASH, CERTIFIED BANK CHECK OR WIRE TRANSFER
THIS LINK HAS LOWER RESOLUTION PHOTOS OF THE RESTORATION SEPARATED IN ALBUMS
https://s1067.photobucket.com/user/jguntzelman/library?page=0 Scroll down to select an album such as: Before-After, Chassis, Paint , etc. Then click on individual pictures.
Here is a YouTube link to a brief video of the car: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U6qIlL1Tws&feature=youtu.be
Email any and all questions. To see the car in person, just ask. Further, I strongly suggest buying a cheap airline ticket to see the car regardless of your location. I shall gladly ship overseas, and have done so a few years ago when I sold a car to a gentleman in The Netherlands.
PLEASE make an offer on this car ONLY if you are serious about owning it and have funds available! This beauty is sold “as is, where is” with no warranty expressed or implied…it is, after all, a 60-year- old car! Buyer is responsible for all shipping, transport costs and/or customs details, though I’ll happily work with any auto transport firm of your choosing. My offering price is most reasonable for such a sought-after classic as this iconic Jaguar XK-120 Roadster, the most desirable and fun of all versions of the XK-120! Few investments compare with classic cars for future growth as well as immediate pleasure of ownership. This beautiful car’s value is only going to appreciate in the future.
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AND BEST OF LUCK!!
On a personal note: This beauty was lovingly and painstakingly restored by my own hands! I have restored about a dozen 50s 60s classic Jags over the years. I consider them unique in the auto spectrum and truly love them. I bought my first Jaguar new in 1969 and still own it!