Newly restored XK150S video

This just in. Richard Hammond’s modified XK150 coupe fresh out of the shoo.

1 Like

Hi Nick:

Great stuff! Couple of observations: The artist in me would paint the end of that auxiliary fan black so it didn’t show so obviously through the grille bars, and two, I wonder how come there is such a large gap between the chrome spring and the knurled adjuster on the steering column? Further on the aesthetic front, I always thought the 150 looked better sans bumpers.

Chris.

nice video and commentary…makes a great case for making a car into what YOU want it to be without straying too far. I like the stance, the black wires, the sans bumpers. If there is a “heresy” it would be the louvres. Love to see his excitement and passion for the car. Nick

1 Like

Interesting that he is contemplating reverting to the Moss box.

1 Like

seems the new gearbox he has is not as nice as some that are available…Nick

Love it!

I love the pastel colours they used back then.

Rob

I’m more particular toward the metallic pastels of the earlier 120s, but this dove grey 150 I like.

I’m on a color kick right now, so I dug this up. He says this is Dove, but I say it’s more like the Birch Grey?
R

I believe that is an XK120

Pat,

Yes it is…I’m comparing the colors of Richard’s XK150 to this Birch Grey XK120… Birch Grey is a XK120 color. I don’t think either Birch or Dove were original XK150 colors…I think the two variety of Greys were called Mist and the other Pearl Grey.

You know looking at this XK150 which is Mist Grey…I think that’s actually what Richard’s car is. Closer to XK120 Birch than Dove.

And this is original 1955 PEARL GREY, albeit just before of front left guard repair…

1 Like

Agree, it looks like Birch Grey to me.
This is from TCP Global where I got my Gunmetal paint.

Agreed Rob,

Richard does refer to it as “Mist Grey” in this video, but I have a hard time telling the difference from Birch.