News Re: "Motorman"

I think I mentioned earlier how I had not seen Motor post in awhile (either here or on the other Jaguar forum), and was concerned. I did know they had two bad storms recently hit that area, w. twisters :tornado: and all, and wondered if maybe one had struck his place there outside Decatur. :grimacing:

So, I PMed Motor earlier this week. He responded a couple of day later, and, unfortunately, reported that he had suffered a “small” stroke. Seems to have mostly affected his face and his right hand, and b/c of the hand issue he reports that while he will be monitoring the forums he will be limited in his responses to the posts. It’s pretty hard to type with only your left hand when you are righthanded, quite understandably. :frowning_face:

Let’s all hope and pray for a speedy and full recovery for Motor … With a lot of PT, it’s quite achievable. I saw my own cousin get through it all a few years ago … :pray: :+1:

4 Likes

Thoughts are wish you. Hope things improve for you

Best to you Bob.

Regards, Eric

Yes, all the best wishes and a speedy recovery from me, too!

Sorry to hear that mate , but many make a good recovery , I hope you will be one .

Oh no!

I hope you will be okay.

Rob

We’re all rooting for you Bob

Get well soon

Cheers
DD

Just half my face and the right hand affected. All the doctors want my money so I am popular. Thanks for the ‘well-wishes’.

1 Like

Yep all the best Bob, 2 years on and the wife is about as good as she is going to be but she’s a lot better than lots of folks. She did 2 sessions driving the XJR yesterday for about 3 hours, hope your recovery is swift, just do what the docs advise and keep at it.

Wishing you all the best motorcarman. Your generosity with your knowledge has helped me out a great deal over the last 12 years.

Stick with the rehab plan. That’s the best chance to recover functionality after a stroke (I had one 7 years ago.) Mine was relatively minor but I was in the hospital for a week.

After the rehab program, no one could tell I had a stroke though I can still feel the effects of it. But the rehab program helps rewire backup nerves to compensate as much as possible for the damage suffered.

Good luck and stick with it! Don’t take shortcuts.

Dave

Been doing the Occupational Therapy and making progress.
Fingers moving better and the hand goes where I aim it!
Thanks everyone.

4 Likes

Great to hear, its a long road but with determination its possible to get back to something resembling normality.

1 Like