Ngk bp5es bp6es

Just to put in another point of view, some ( I can’t say all) non resistor plugs did NOT have a continuous electrical connection between the wire point of connection and the electrode inside the combustion chamber. Due to differential expansion of the ceramic and the metals, the path was made of several non continuous pieces of metal. The small gaps (infinite resistance) were jumped over by the ‘spark’ when the plug was fired. The spark gap was made of the set gap in the combustion chamber and several smaller gaps within the spark plug. The gaps wore larger with time as the plug deteriorated. Resistor plugs were a great improvement with a reliably constant resistance and a reliably repeatable spark current from one sparkplug to another sparkplug.

Is there no legal requirement in the US for ignition suppression…its been required in the UK for years…Steve

I think so…

Hi Paul…not a problem in the UK if your caught you just get a slap on the wrist…in tbe US i suppose you get 20 years on the chain gang…Steve

IDK but how is it that passing by electrical windmills turns my radio into a static storm

I recall when fitting a radio to a vehicle in the 1970s being advised to fit in line suppressors to the HT leads to prevent clicking on the radio.

I did.
It didn’t.

So then I fitted a radio with a metal case.

That did.

Hi Les I have idling issues on this stoked engine I built (4.7l) that I use an EDIS system on. Going to iridium plugs helped - BPR5EIX. To function properly EDIS needs plugs that permit a spark that goes both ways, as the coil is grounded through the complementary plug - that is the wasted spark that occurs on the exhaust stroke of the comp. cylinder. Apparently the iridium plug is best at that. My idling issues are actually from the cams but these plugs did make a difference.