Nisonger/Smiths Improved E-Type Oil Pressure Gauge

Has anyone out there (but me) installed one of the Nisonger/Smiths improved electronic oil pressure gauges in your E-Type? I wanted to try one last fall but Nisonger was under water, literally, from Hurricane Ida and all their stock was destroyed. They eventually got the gauges back in stock and I received mine over the winter. I finally installed it this week and…it works!!

My original gauge used to just sit at around 25 PSI no matter what - idling or driving at highway speeds. I had the pressure checked with a mechanical gauge and it was normal - around 20 PSI at idle and 50 PSI at 2,500 RPM. This new gauge is great, and I can’t tell you how wonderful it is to finally see legitimate oil pressure readings, on the dashboard, without having to go through all the trouble of installing a mechanical gauge.

The gauge and accompanying sender costs just $200, and both are simple drop-in replacements of the existing parts. Replace the gauge and sender using the existing wiring and that’s it. I admit I was skeptical about this product, not having seen any posts about it anywhere in the few years it’s been available. So, if I’m the first one to endorse it, you can take my word that it’s an excellent solution to a problem that plagues most, if not all, of us E-Type owners.

Here’s a link: Nisonger Instruments :: the exclusive Smiths U.S. Warranty & Service Center since 1949

2 Likes

I have one with there sending unit. works great. cold start almost 60psi, after warm up driving at about 45-55 over 50.

i have one also, works great, but they told me not to use any teflon tape since it interferred with the ground requirement for the sensor.