No air at the vents

Hey you all,
I got no air coming out of the vents ( all of them).
I got a LH car and i checked the lh blower motor and i see and feel that it blow’s air .
Is there anything i missing ?

each blower has a separated fuse, and separated control card + relay, hidden in the blower itself

1 Like

What about the RH blower?

Without BOTH blowers running, the air goes out the inop blower rather than out the intended vents.

The RH blower doesn’t work.
i opened the center air vent and i sew that the flap is close when i try to move it thete some air there, what i should look for now ?

Since the XJ-S was made from the mid 1970s to the mid 1990s there have been a few versions of climate control.

Some use servos and vacuum and some use different servos to move air control ducting.

No idea what you have.

Shahar…use the search function and search for posts about Delanair and you will find a lot of info. If your RH blower is not blowing (no fan motor whirring) then you probably need to pull that blower assembly out and rebuild the electronics card…couple of resistors and diodes stuff on small circuit board. A Darlington resistor gone bad is often the reason for the blower not working at all or at only one speed.
If your left blower is blowing and your vacuum manifold works then you should feel some air from all center vents but reduced flow farther from the one working blower. At least with my MY 1995 when the right hand blower ceased it worked that way.
Gary Crosby sometimes weighs in the a/c system. Smart dude.

http://www.jag-lovers.org/xj-s/book/acblower.htm

1 Like

Also worth looking at, Greg, is Bernard Embden’s Jaguar page. One of his projects was HVAC blowers. Good tips and pictures for removing and reinstalling the blowers.

http://bernardembden.com/xjs/hvacmodule/index.htm

Shahar,
Did you check that the 25A fuses for both blower motors are good?

In our LHD 1990 XJ-S convertible the 25A fuse for the left heater blower motor is in the Main Fuse Box on the drivers side and the 25A fuse for the right heater blower motor is in the Auxiliary Fuse Box on the passenger side. Since your left blower motor is working you know that 25A fuse is good. Since your right blower motor isn’t working you can try swapping the left blower motor 25A fuse into the right blower motor position to make sure you don’t just have a bad fuse. AFAIK those are the only 25A fuses in our 1990 XJ-S. I suppose that your 1988 XJ-S could be different.

Paul