No heater/ac fan 1989 Soverign 4.0l

Hi, I am having trouble finding the problem with my blowers. I have checked all the fuses I can find and haven’t spotted a dedicated relay that may be a problem. I did find the AC clutch relay had failed. The fans and or demister don’t start in any switch position and I am struggling to find a good electrical diagram for the model.
Under the dash, lots of relays… my god, lot’s of relays…

Welcome to the forums,
Not sure if this is going to help but here is the Haynes Book of Lies version;

1 Like

First thing to check is to see if you have power on the brown w/blue tracer wire at the blower(s). This wire should show 12v all the time even with the ign off.

1 Like

Dane . the first thing I checked in my 89 was the micro switch behind the speed control. You will have to remove the ski slope before removing the control panel. Go to the serch symbol top right and enter “fan micro switch.”

1 Like

Righto thanks , wire soldered to 2 terminals. They appear to switch on off the cam as soon as I turn from off. I tested resistance and it is open when off and ~1 ohm every other position.
That looks like ti is doing what it should??

Further I was resting live and as I looked for voltage off the micro switch the system sprung to life… will clean and reassemble Next job to get aircon clutch to pull in before finding a fridgy to test aircon gas

If theres low pressure the clutch will not pull in.

1 Like

On the Microswitch cleanup topic. Accidentally pushed submit too soon… Anyway, if it’s not too expensive, and not too hard to do, and the switch is available for purchase, I would replace it.

1 Like

You can bypass the low pressure switch (momentarily) to test the compressor/clutch. Use a fused jumper at the relay socket.

1 Like